Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Polar Bears – perspex boxes
  • piemonster

BB2 now, I believe(was in a mag or paper) he endures a 40-45 min snack attack at some point

CountZero

Just watched it. That’s having real faith in your equipment designers and engineers, that is. 😯

hammerite
    Free Member

Getting Oscar the boats strong man to have a go at the perspex with a sledgehammer would have given me a bit more confidence. Didn’t see anyone testing the strength of the sled that the cage was on though!

maccruiskeen

That’s having real faith in your equipment designers and engineers, that is.

or the guy standing out of shot with a rifle 🙂

I do have a bit of a nagging issue with the new strain of post-attenburgh wildlife film makers – Their programmes are about them making programmes, constantly getting their face in the frame. Its just one long audition tape to be the one who fills attenburgh’s boots. Theres the curly hairy one that sings, the guy that keeps taking his top off, the guy with the squashed nose that does the spontaneous prat falls that somehow managed to caught on both the main shot and the reverse…… It puts me off.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

I reckon the box was polycarbonate (wot riot shields are made from)

Excellent programme. The BBC are good at this sort of stuff aren’t they?

stevewhyte
    Free Member

I reckon the box was polycarbonate (wot riot shields are made from)

You must be some sort of materials guru. 😀

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

You must be some sort of materials guru.

Not really, I just know what theyr’e made of (cos I broke a pickaxe handle on one at prison service training college) 🙂

maccruiskeen

They’ll dock the cost of that pickaxe handle from you’re wages!

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

They’ll dock the cost of that pickaxe handle from you’re wages!

Wouldn’t be surprised Mac! Mind you, I was giving the shield a bloody good battering. 😆

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

I do have a bit of a nagging issue with the new strain of post-attenburgh wildlife film makers – Their programmes are about them making programmes, constantly getting their face in the frame. Its just one long audition tape to be the one who fills attenburgh’s boots

This.
    When I switched over to this programme, I got the bit where he was in the box. Why was the box clear and not camouflaged in some way if not so the bear could see the food inside and oblige with some “dramatic” footage. Attenburgh did the same thing a few years ago and got far more entertaining footage with remote cameras inside football-sized mock up snowballs.

The only thing I can think of is that freelance wildlife camera dude is a tough market and every one is trying to outdo each other. But, as above, I’m not that interested in the X-factor Wildlife Extreme Cameraman of the Year qualifying rounds, I’ll just wait for the final and watch Attenburgh’ s crew pick it up. again.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Polar Bears – perspex boxes’ is closed to new replies.

RAFFLE ENDS FRIDAY 8PM