Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Plumbing Question
  • righog
    Free Member

I need a long 42mm sink waste, to go through a thick worktop and sink. It would need to be around 120mm long, the longest I have found is 80mm.

Even a bit longer would help, I have looked on Ebay and all the usual plumb shops. So thought someone on here may be able to point me in the right direction, would be happy to consider other options if you have any.

wwaswas

recess under the worktop so you can join the waste pipe onto the shorter part you have there?

Won’t be visible from above.

johndoh
    Free Member

Oversize the aperture (on the underside of the worktop) to allow space for the fitting on the waste you have.

Edit: Beaten to it. PAH!

righog
    Free Member

Thanks men, I have already gone down fairly far.

I could go a bit further down, but was hoping to avoid any more chiseling.

wwaswas

forstner bits might make digging out further a bit easier?

Did your worktop used to be a castle gate 😯

johndoh
    Free Member

The thing is, if I was at home with the same problem, I wouldn’t have thought of it for myself.

And good (quick) work.

righog
    Free Member

Did your worktop used to be a castle gate

should look summit like this if i get it finished.

nickjb
    Free Member

I’m sure they exist, just need to work on your google. Here is a 120mm basin waste: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Chromed-Click-Clack-Basin-Pop-up-Waste-With-Overflow-Extra-Long-Sink-Bowl-Plug-/181130097153?pt=UK_Home_Garden_Bathroom_Sinks_PP&hash=item2a2c31f201

EDIT, you want a basin waste, not a sink waste!

righog
    Free Member

Cheers Nick,

I found that link yesterday, but all sold out, and this is what gave me the idea that 120mm was available. I was looking for it again today so I could contact them but could not find it again, so thanks for the link, I will get in touch with them and ask if they are getting any more in 😀

Edit, I need the unslotted version which is sold out.

Edit again, Nick did you edit the link ? to the slotted one ?

rickk

The thread is a standard pipe fitting BSP (can’t remember the actual size), so you could extend this with some basic industrial pipe fittings, BSS can probably help you – if you can find a local branch just walk in and explain your problem.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Plumbing Question’ is closed to new replies.