Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Plastic Platform pedals
  • SOAP
    Free Member

Any good? For a girl.
    Thoughts please….

strangertothelight
    Free Member

wouldn’t go near plastic pedals with a double-extended, disinfected barge pole…

If you want flat pedals, then most people seem happy with DMR V8s or V12s.

stills8tannorm
    Free Member

If you’re talking about the things that sometimes come as standard with bikes … throw them in the bin. They offer zero grip but will still remove enough skin to hurt. If it’s the aftermarket type flat pedal (some have steel pins) then I can’t really see any benefit over metal pedals … is the thought that plastic won’t hurt so much? just wonder as you mention it’s for a girl.

SOAP
    Free Member

She is using V8’s but ideally would Luke pink fluffy ones.
    Thats why I was thinking plastic BMX ones

lipseal
    Free Member

Nukeproof are bring some out. CLICKY

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Nowt wrong with plastic pedals. They ARE kinder to shins which is why some flatland BMXers use them (Unless they have pins of course!)

Have a look at these

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=44061

or these

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=52246

I’ve just put some of the top ones on my commuter

strangertothelight
    Free Member

If she already has V8s then maybe get some shinpads instead so there is no fear of skinning shins? If that’s what she is worried about?

dirtbiker100
    Free Member

Pink plastic bmx pedals with steel pins are a good idea i reckon. no reason why not.

stills8tannorm
    Free Member

Peter I can’t quite tell from the picture at crc … do those pedals have screw in pins or are they moulded in?

sas
    Free Member

I’ve got a pair of Gusset PCP pedals (which appear to be identical to the Wellgo ones Peter posted) on my polo bike. Fine in the dry, slippery in the wet.

racing_ralph
    Free Member

Why not strip the pedals she has and have them powdercoated pink, put em back together. Job done

rockthreegozy
    Free Member
    julianwilson
    Free Member

From the nukeproof site, underneath pedal with axles/seals uncannily similar to other nukeproof/kona/answer/superstar flatties:

Available in either black or yellow the Electrons are going to cost just £34.99!

Hurrah, so this means Superstar can bring the same thing out in daft colours for an even more affordable £25. 😀

mamadirt
    Free Member

I use Odyssey twisted plastic pedals on my mtb ‘cos I like the colours 😳 – plenty grippy enough and my shins thank me if I ever do slip a pedal. On the other hand, some plastic pedals, particularly the cheapo ones which come with new bikes, are lethal. I ended up with concussion and a black eye (my shins were fine 😆 ) after slipping a pedal while riding my BMX with cheapo’s in the rain.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Plastic Platform pedals’ is closed to new replies.