Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Planet X Bike order
  • cannyj
    Free Member

(pre)Ordered a new Titanium Tempest at the begining of Jan with a build date of March given.

Just had an email today that notifies there is a delay with frame delivery which has ‘affected my order’,  build date now April 24th. ☹️Anyone else in the same position?

goldfish24

Red sea shipping delays? I could be wrong.

highlandman
    Free Member

Welcome to the new normal from the more niche suppliers, struggling with far east factory production cut backs and related problems.

Twice with the Mrs new bike; once with Cotic for a Cascade (cancelled after 4 months waiting, no XS supplied in the batch by the frame builders) and secondly with plan changed to Sonder, for a Ti Camino.  Originally December, then January and finally arrived last week.

cannyj
    Free Member

I guess I was expecting it, still disappointing though.

How long would you allow for delays before cancelling the order? Just trying to think about the potential of another email in a month’s time.

scotroutes

It’s hardly the new normal for Planet X.

Have you already paid for it? Based on my experience I’d cancel and make sure the money was back in my bank account, then just order when you know it’s actually in stock.

cannyj
    Free Member

Yep, already paid for in full on my credit card. I did know it was a pre order with a 71 day lead time but that’s now up to over 100 days from order…

There’s always section 75 to fall back on I guess

daverhp

Sonder, for a Ti Camino.  Originally December, then January and finally arrived last week.

Strange – I ordered my Ti Camino a month ago and it was delivered two working days after order, which I thought was pretty flipping impressive! Could have been parts rather than frame yours was waiting for.

Loving the Camino BTW :-)

highlandman
    Free Member

The Ti Camino is an extra small; out of stock for months and then various promised delivery slots missed. Partly production delays, partly then build delays in the Sonder workshop with a long order list apparently/allegedly..

NorthCountryBoy
    Free Member

Iv bought 2 ti frames from PX both delivered within a few days both were showing in stock when ordered.

Also bought a carbon hardtail from PX again in stock delivered within a few days.

Current gravel bike is a Ti Tempest, bar far my fave bike, If you can hang on I would, if it arrives in time for summer you will love it!

There are huge issues with shipping currently, the company I work for had some containers due back from Japan early January, they needed to leave again in late March to be at another destination. In the end the containers never made it back to the UK as the predicted delay meant they wouldn’t be back in time to meet the departure date. We shipped direct to the next destination!

Its not just a PX problem, its a global logistics problem.

cannyj
    Free Member

Yeah, planning to hang on, I think! Does feel like I’ve given them an interest free loan though….

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.