Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Pics request – Lefty's on non-Cannondales
  • loddrik
    Free Member

Am moving towards sticking a lefty on the Van Nic, anyobne got a lefty on they bike which isn’t a ‘dale?

backhander
    Free Member

have you got hold of one yet? A mate may be selling his + wheel.

loddrik
    Free Member

yhm

njee20
    Free Member

Ian Leitch has one on an Indy Fab:

There’s a few folk on Weight Weenies with various bikes with them on.

paul78
    Free Member
    firestarter
    Free Member

I never knew you could fit a lefty in a standard headtube mmm

paul78
    Free Member
    vinnyeh

not mine…

pedalhead
    Free Member

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

turboferret

Not got any pics of my Sanderson with Lefty, but here’s a little video of me pottering around on it’s maiden journey around Bath.

[video]http://www.vimeo.com/13331341[/video]

Cheers, Rich

theflatboy
    Free Member

might just be the angle but on the pic vinny posted it looks like the tyre’s virtually touching the fork leg – are there clearance issues?

dickie
    Free Member

@Pedalhead – Singular Pegasus 29er with Lefty? What travel, 29″ or 26″ Lefty?

Trimix
    Free Member

Pedalhead – how come those tyre have air in them then, normally they dont ?

uplink
    Free Member

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Where can you get the fitting kits from?

Also, who is best for servicing for Leftys? Ive an old one from 2002, thats sat around doing nowt, and I feel a plan forming…. :mrgreen:

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

TFT now look after Cannondale Lefty’s

dirtyrider
    Free Member

tf tuned service lefties

fitting kits? probably project 321

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

lol @ uplink

njee20
    Free Member

Bargain

I quite want to try one!

fi
    Free Member

I send mine to Thumbprint Tuning. Great service and reasonable turnaround in thge past. It’s been a while since I have had any of them serviced right enough.

lovewookie

TFT don’t do old lefty’s, Thumbprint tuning will service a 2002 one for you.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Just a quick bit on Thumbprint, based on my one and only experience:

Sent off a Fatty Headshok fork to them a few years ago. Sent a new bearing unit as one was a bit gritty. Marked the old and new ones with marker pen.

Fork came back with the same air leak I’d sent it to be fixed, and the bearing hadn’t been changed. Basically, as though nothing at all had actually been done to the fork. Plus, they kept my new bearing.

£90 that cost me, plus P+P. I’d never send owt to them again, although plenty of others have had good experience with them. I ‘phoned them, and in fairness they did offer to have a look at it if I sent it back, but tbh I decided I couldn’t trust them. They denied all knowledge of the spare bearing, in spite of me telling the guy on the ‘phone about it. And they can’t claim it was lost in the packaging, because I taped the thing to the fork leg. Still had the sticky tape marks on it when I got it back.

Piss poor ime/o.

pedalhead
    Free Member

dickie – Member

@Pedalhead – Singular Pegasus 29er with Lefty? What travel, 29″ or 26″ Lefty?

Well technically it’s a 26″ Lefty converted to 29er, but that’s what the Canondale 29er Lefties are anyway.

Trimix – Member

Pedalhead – how come those tyre have air in them then, normally they dont ?

haha cheeky fecker, though sadly too true

alaric

I have a Project 321 adaptor that I no longer use, if anyone wants to fit a lefty to an 1 1/8 headset…

email alaricdarmon@gmail.com if you’re interested

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Pics request – Lefty's on non-Cannondales’ is closed to new replies.