Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Picking up new (to me) car on Friday
  • Stuey01
    Free Member

One of these:

(not this one, but it is this colour)

Can’t wait.

I had a thread earlier in the year where I was looking for a car for my wife, the fiat panda 100hp was on the shortlist (because I wanted it!) but she didn’t like it. We bought her a 120d bmw, and very nice it is too.

Now my old focus st170 needs replacing and I’ve decided to get the Panda. It is very much a second car, we live in Bristol not far from the city centre, so I ride to work and we use the BMW whenever we are motorway bashing. This is to whiz me around the city, and to and from the golf course primarily. It was hilarious fun on the test drive, slow but just spirited and fun. The clincher was I can get my full set of clubs in the boot without putting the seats down – I was amazed.

So, anyone had one?
    What rear mounted bike rack for a fiat panda? Saris Bones? something by Thule?

mindmap3
    Free Member

Not had any experience of them, but EVO love them and did a buyers guide a little while ago. They must be pretty decent given some of the metal those boys are used to driving.

Colour makes a change from the grey and black they usually come in.

wwaswas

to and from the golf course primarily

😯

not an admission most people make on here 😉

“Golf: cricket for people who can’t run”

Hobster
    Free Member

I have one and would say I hope you don’t suffer from a bad back as the ride is firm but they are very good fun to drive.

Can’t say what rack to use as just dropped the seats and put the bike in the boot.

Stuey01
    Free Member

not an admission most people make on here

Yeah I know. People on here are right knobs about it.

**** ’em.

khani
    Free Member

I’ve got a multijet one in that blue… Never bothered with a bike rack, I just drop the back seats, put a sheet down and with wheels and seatposts out it fits two large 29ers plus kit in the back.

Stuey01
    Free Member

I have one and would say I hope you don’t suffer from a bad back as the ride is firm but they are very good fun to drive.

No worries there.

Have you heard about the koni rear damper modification? I’ve heard that whilst it doesn’t improve the hard ride it does improve “pogo-ing”?

edoverheels
    Free Member

I have done 50,000 miles in mine. No suspension at all, just bump stops, but as you say, a hoot to drive. Good throttle response in sport mode, never have it in any other and a fast 6 speed gearbox means heel and toeing is satisfying.
    Only criticism is that it is difficult to provoke lift off oversteer unless you are crude and brutal. (I still hanker after my string of hot french hatches from the 80s and 90s and naughties)
    However its small size means you have loads of room to play with and its’ slow (in reality) speed mean you can be a hooligan without risking everything. Don’t really carry bikes in mine, just use it for work but I am sure you will enjoy it. I love it and hope that they make a fast version of the new Panda but don’t think they will now that the 500 is around.
    Good to see one in blue, mine is boring grey.

peteimpreza

We have a 500 with that 100 bhp engine. More smiles per mile than any other car I have driven.

Enjoy.

catnash
    Free Member

I don’t know about bike racks but I’m getting a tow-hitch for mine. (I’ve got a regular Panda not a 100hp).

PePPeR

Nice colour me likey!

Always liked my Fiats, had Pandas, and a Strada, and my all time favourite a 132.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Picking up new (to me) car on Friday’ is closed to new replies.