Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Piaggio MP3
  • wors

Anyone ridden one? Just been to Paris and they are everywhere, look good fun to ride too.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Yup, loads in Milan too.. Not sure if I like em’, bit marmite’ish in the looks dept and not as easy to park up a alley.

monkeyp

Get the right version and they are legal on a car license too as the wheel spacing brings them into the trike category!

wors

yeah, noticed that on the website, nearly 6 grand though!

ivantate
    Free Member

They havve always looked like a fun idea. Guys at work reckon you can drift them in the wet fairly easily too.

tagger
    Free Member

Why?

MrNutt
    Free Member

+1

konabunny
    Free Member

They look cool and I’d certainly love it if someone gave me one but I don’t get what advantage they have over a motorbike (apart from not having to get a licence – which is probably not a good thing!).

simon_g

A mate has been looking at them for his commute. He thought the 250 was ballistic, but then he doesn’t have any bike experience to compare it with.

They make perfect sense to me for a year-round commute that’s too far to cycle but traffic or parking issues make driving unfavourable. The twin front wheels make them incredibly stable (far less chance of wet leaves / white lines / mud / diesel / etc causing the front end to go especially under braking) and you can just sit with your feet up at the lights. Plenty of wind protection and storage too.

This country just doesn’t “get” big scooters in general, despite them being for a lot of people’s needs.

wors

I’d have one tomorrow for commuting on, if it wasn’t for the price tag.

konabunny
    Free Member

simon – when you put it like that, seems fair enough

bikebouy
    Free Member

I’m sure they ride well enough, but what about parking them, they are quite wide, they almost take up 2 normal scooter spaces.

Didn’t know about riding them on a drivers license, interesting that.

cbike
    Free Member

MP3 LT is the only one for car licence holders. They are overpriced and can develop headset/suspension bearing issues. But then what motor doesnt.

The storage is massive and weather protection is good and you never have to change gear or put your feet down if you if you want.

monkeyp

No wider than the bars on a normal scooter so they take up no more space and can fit through the same gaps. Going into my first winter using a scooter for my commute, one of these would be great, but just too pricy

Bimbler
    Free Member

See one regularly on my commute, great looking bike but the one I must see must be one of the smaller engined one or maybe ridden by an extremely slow rider because it is slowwwwwwww

sharkbait
    Free Member

I think they look both cool and sensible. I sooo want one but have no real reason to get one other than to go 2 miles to the post office 🙁

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Piaggio MP3’ is closed to new replies.