Home Forums Bike Forum Photochromic glasses

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Photochromic glasses
  • fontmoss
    Free Member

Think I’ll pull the trigger on some Oakley clear-black photochromics from Winstanley’s but before I do are there any other manufacturers worth a look? Ta

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Just got some mint condition Rudy Projects for £55 of Fleabay, with ImpactX photochromics.

fontmoss
    Free Member

I think I’ll stick to main outlets just for peace of mind, I quite like rudy projects but most of the time they seem similar money to oakley and I’d rather the oakleys

njee20
    Free Member

Got some of the Oakleys and really rate them.

neninja
    Free Member

I’ve been using Tifosi Fototec glasses for the past couple of years. Been really happy with them – as good as Oakleys I’ve had before.

plumber
    Free Member

I love smith photochromics Expensive but brilliant. I wish I didn’t keep losing them

fontmoss
    Free Member

I wish I didn’t keep losing them

:O

mikey-simmo
    Free Member

I just picked the set I got up from my local optical factory to fit my Deal extreme frames. I had two sets of perscription lenses made for them. I pair a set of Transitions (recacto-pervert) lenses and another yellow lens for 87 quid!!!
    Very happy with them right now.
    If I break them I won’t be sobbing at 400 quid wrecked.

geoffj

Endura do some

aphex_2k
    Free Member

I use Rupp & Hubrach prescription lenses in some Oakley Fives as I have a bad astigmatism. Superb lenses, amazingly clear.

I did have some Oakley Half Jackets with non-script dark to very dark transitions. Also extremely good lenses but without a prescription pretty pointless for me. I think I sold them on here actually.

A number of third party comps on eBay make photochromatic lenses. Not too sure how good they are but usually around 30 bucks.

fontmoss
    Free Member

ok thanks guys think i’ll stick with oakley, just need to decide whether to stick with radar locks or try jawbones. Used m frames for years and liked them so guess no reason to change from that style

fontmoss
    Free Member

So the radarlock lenses aren’t hydrophobic coated?! Grrr, can’t get vented clear-black radar lenses now so if want vented need to get radarlocks. Endless.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Photochromic glasses’ is closed to new replies.