Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • photo/ video editing on ipad
  • wors

Can it be done?

I’ve got view nx on my pc for converting and editing raw files, but the pc is dying. Can an ipad/tablet/chrome book do any of this with an app?

jam-bo

yes, imovie is ok for quick edits.

loads of photo editors.

CountZero

Adobe are apparently doing a Pad version of their whizzy photo app, Lightroom. Or is it Aperture? One of those two, anyway, and it’ll allow RAW editing. I don’t have details to hand, I’ll dig them out from Flipboard when I get home.

AlexSimon

Really – that’s interesting. Must be Lightroom – Aperture is Apple.

Edit:
    Some info here:
    http://www.itproportal.com/2013/05/03/adobe-previews-lightroom-for-ipad-app-complete-with-raw-photo-editing/

AlexSimon

Back on topic – I use Snapseed, but I’ve never tried processing photos taken on other devices.

IA

I find iMovie on the ipad surprisingly capable.

Photo wise, it’ll deal with pretty much every RAW that a mac does by default – i.e. if preview will open it, so will an ipad.

Nothing like aperture/lightroom for properly maintaining a library though.

makeitorange
    Free Member

Out of interest, how would someone get photos/videos from camera to iPad without a PC? Unless your camera has some fancy wireless connectivity?

jam-bo

Buy a camera adaptor gizmo. I got mine on eBay for about £3. Sometimes I get an accessory not supported message but 9/10 its fine.

Drac

Out of interest, how would someone get photos/videos from camera to iPad without a PC? Unless your camera has some fancy wireless connectivity?

USB adapter with card reader.

hammerite
    Free Member

The connectors work really well too, you can either get one which allows you to plug in a USB connection. Or you can get an SD card reader that connects to the iPad.

It was one of the main reasons we got an iPad.

Drac

The connectors work really well too, you can either get one which allows you to plug in a USB connection. Or you can get an SD card reader that connects to the iPad.

The one I have covers the main cards types and has a USB reader too.

CountZero

Lightroom, as Alex said:
    Adobe Looking to Bring Lightroom-style RAW Editing to a Tablet Near You
    http://petapixel.com/2013/05/02/adobe-looking-to-bring-lightroom-style-raw-editing-to-a-tablet-near-you/
    The card readers are excellent, I’ve got one, and I nearly always take it out with me, along with the pad, when I have the camera with me intending to take photos.
    There is an alternative, but it’s more expensive, and that’s a wifi-enabled SD card. With one of those, you can send photos directly to the pad, and I’ve read about a pro photographer who uses one for studio portraits, because he can be taking photos, and the rest of the family can sit with the pad and look at the photos as they’re taken.
    I’ve seen a wifi-enabled SD card adaptor as well, which would allow up to 32Gb Micro SD cards to be swapped out when full, the regular type are only 8Gb, IIRC, but I haven’t seen the adaptor cards on the market yet. I’ll snap one up when they do.

CountZero

Just found this: http://connect.dpreview.com/post/3863011021/transcend-releases-new-wi-fi-memory-card
    32Gb available, allows direct share to a mobile device, or Internet via an app.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘photo/ video editing on ipad’ is closed to new replies.