• This topic has 24 replies, 20 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by DrJ.
Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Photo books
  • tron
    Free Member

Can anyone recommend a site that does good photobooks? I’m after good quality books, easy to use software, and reasonable prices and delivery times. Cheap prices + impossible software is not going to work for me!

We’ll be ordering several books which are the same if there are any printers who do volume discounts.

mogrim

I’ve used My Photo Book a few times, seem pretty good – the software was easy to use, the product quality was more than adequate, good service…

However I’ve not tried any others I can’t say if they’re the best.

http://www.myphotobook.co.uk/

kjcc25
    Free Member

I’ve used Bonus Print on many occasions. Always been pleased with the quality. The software is easy to use and has lots of options. They often have special offers on as well.

kayak23

Blurb do some gorgeous quality ones….and just normal ones too..

turboferret

I’ve used Blurb in the past and have been impressed – currently putting together one of our last holiday.

Cheers, Rich

footflaps
    alex89
    Free Member

I’ve used smartphoto in the past to create a couple of photo books. They were great quality and the creation process was simple enough. Would definitely recommend their photo books 🙂

Rickos
    Free Member

Photobox too. We’ve used them on several occasions (well, the wife has anyway). Seems fine and the books are good.

http://www.photobox.co.uk/

dooosuk
    Free Member

+1 for BonusPrint…I took delivery of a 100page book this week and it’s much better than Photobox ones I’ve had previously.

£19 for 100 pages including postage:
    http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/deals/bonusprint?utm_source=MSE_Newsletter&utm_medium=oneliner-four&utm_term=07-Oct-14-v2&utm_campaign=deals&utm_content=7#bpbook

hellwraith
    Free Member

Did somebody say easy to use photo editing software?
    The Xara Photo And Graphic Designer series and Corel Paintshop Pro series’re good.

ourmaninthenorth

+1 Photobox. Tend to do an annual one of our daughter for her grandparents.

ampthill

I’m a huge Blurb fan

But I might try the Bounus print offer

Although Blurb would be about £38 for a 21cm sqaure book with a photocover delivered. £80 is outragous IMHO

Photobox square book is over a £100 if you want 100 pages!!!

DrJ

Another vote for Blurb, but cheap, it ain’t 🙁

Some of my efforts here: http://www.blurb.co.uk/user/store/jeremyrh

stilltortoise
    Free Member

A mate regularly produces photo books so tried a few before settling on YoPhoto. Personally I found it a bit buggy and it crashed a lot, but that was a few years ago on Windows XP. I was delighted with the results though.

badllama
    Free Member

We use Blurb for albums but always add half a stop (brightness) as they seem to always print slightly darker than our calibrated PC’s.

Duane…
    Free Member

How do you all find the square photo books (ie the one on deal above), with regards to fitting/cropping photos? I plan to have multiple photos on one page, so maybe not that big of a deal, but not sure if having one landscape photo on a page with big space above and below will look any good (and I don’t want an Instagram book)..

Ta,
    Duane.

5thElefant
    Free Member

I use cewe photobooks for the more complicated (and posher) ones. They have very nice software…

and UK.foto.com for simple stuff (they have crap software, but it’s fine for simple layouts).

5thElefant
    Free Member

[Quote]How do you all find the square photo books (ie the one on deal above), with regards to fitting/cropping photos? [/quote]
    Two landscapes a page work well. Really square is no different to any other format when dealing with multiple photos per page, particularly with the inevitable mix of landscape and portrait. They’re all a pain in the arse.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

We recently used photobox, great way the book gets designed, takes all the grief out of it however, the photos looked over exposed throuout the book and the colours were a bit off.

Actual photo quality wasn’t terrific either really. Book was well made though but at over £40 for a hardback, I am left feeling a bit ripped. Wouldn’t use them again to be honest.

Next time Im going to get proper photo prints done and do it the old fashioned way by sticking them into an album.

ampthill

I am doing my first square book at the moment. It will have all square photos, one per page

I general I landscape one photo per page

well worth extra pages for bigger photos

dooosuk
    Free Member

When I used the bonusprint offer I wasn’t limited to Square. I made a large landscape album.

If you click through I’m sure it’ll still be the case that you can make any large album shape.

ross980
    Free Member

Another +1 for Photobox. I did a photobook for my Dad’s 60th. It took quite a bit of time and effort (mainly because there lots of captions and themes in it) but he was over the moon with it. Cost wise was <£20 delivered for a hardback. Website is easy to use on a laptop, PITA on a tablet as you can’t easily crop the photos.

If using them go through Topcashback/Quidco and search for online codes

Duane…
    Free Member

People who have used Bonusprint – how do the colours come out? Over/underexposed? (Compared to, say, a MBP with screen at 100% brightness if that helps)

Ta,
    Duane.

freeagent
    Free Member

Been using Bonus print for 4/5 years as I always make an album for my Mum at Christmas with pictures of the grand kids in it.

There are always deals/offers around for Bonusprint, and you can go through Topcashback for additional savings.

I’m sure i’ll use them again..

DrJ

Blurb have some discounts just now …

25% off
    WHEN YOU SPEND OVER $100
    (UP TO $100 OFF)*
    CODE: DECEMBER-1
    EXPIRES ON DECEMBER 31, 2014

20% off
    NO MINIMUM PURCHASE NECESSARY
    (UP TO $50 OFF)**
    CODE: DECEMBER-2
    EXPIRES ON DECEMBER 31, 2014

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Photo books’ is closed to new replies.