Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • phone recycling ?
  • sbd16v
    Free Member

has anyone ever recycled there phone though one of the various sites ?

o2 recycle, envirofone etc ?

I have just got a new phone and thought I would check what the old one was worth and there all coming at around £60 ideal I thought.

however the reviews for all these places is TERRIBLE I mean 1 out 5 stars with most people saying the company claimed there phone had a cracked screen etc and then when pushed for turn there was nothing wrong with it.

however most people only post a review when they have a problem so wondered if anyone on here had good experiences ?

ElectricWorry
    Free Member

Yeah, I used O2 recycle a couple of times when I had a contract with O2.

Worked well for me, went into shop, got estimate of value, handed over phone. The money arrived in my account a couple of weeks later.

First time I got the full estimated value, second time I had a slight reduction due to discoloured moisture indicators or some such. Wasn’t much of a reduction though.

Both times they were iPhones and I got a decent amount, approaching what I would expect to sell them for.

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

yeah likewise, no real issues with some old Nokias I had. Usually they go out to developing countries from memory. Theres probably a charity one somewhere these days.

Cougar

mobilevaluer.com – the linked reviews will tell you which to avoid, typically the third or fourth “best price” seems to be the one to go for.

Yeah, I used O2 recycle a couple of times when I had a contract with O2.

Seems to be a third party “on behalf of” now. Someone posted a horror story on here a few weeks ago about them; the abridged version was that they were offered (figure), sent the phone in, were told it was ‘damaged’ and actually offered (figure about a tenth of the original offer), on the advice of the STW massive the poster responded saying “send it back, then” and they suddenly decided it was fine and paid out the originally agreed amount.

I’ve sent a few back to various places over the years and never had a problem. Couldn’t say who with though, I just used the MSE link in this post and looked at the last couple of pages of comments for each company till I found one that wasn’t chancing it.

P20

I’ve just tesco. They use a third party, but offered the best price, paid straight into my bank account

alexandersupertramp
    Free Member

Seems to be a third party “on behalf of” now. Someone posted a horror story on here a few weeks ago about them; the abridged version was that they were offered (figure), sent the phone in, were told it was ‘damaged’ and actually offered (figure about a tenth of the original offer), on the advice of the STW massive the poster responded saying “send it back, then” and they suddenly decided it was fine and paid out the originally agreed amount.

I was greedy and went for the one offering the most( Mobile Phone Xchange). Was offered £140 for iphone 4. But was told there was dead pixels and scratches to the back despite having the helicopter tape case that can withstand an attack by a Dremil tool. £38 was the new offer. So I requested my phone back but it took emails and calls to get sorted.

Subject: TID 089363 Re: Order 1947039

Dear David,
    Please accept my apologies for the delay in getting back to you. I have only just received a response from our warehouse regarding your handset.
    The warehouse have informed me that although the request to return the handset to you was sent to them on 04/07/13 there seems to have been a system error and they have instead sent the handset on for recycling.
    Due to this error I can confirm that we will be processing the full payment of £140. These funds will be applied to your Paypal account as orginally requested within 3 working days.
    Again, please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused.
    If there is anything else that we can help you with then please do not hesitate to contact us.
    Kind Regards
    Helen
    Mobile Phone Xchange

Mobile Phone Xchange Ltd | Mountcliff House | 154 Brent Street | London | NW4 2DR

Weasel
    Free Member

You can also get additional cashback via quidco (other cashback sites are available)

geoffj

I’ve used Mazumamobile a couple of times without any problems – last time was a couple of years ago though.

duffmiver
    Free Member

I sent a perfectly good phone off once. Was sent an email saying it had a broken power button and offered £9!

Asked for it back, somebody had smashed the crap out of the power button!! Fascists!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘phone recycling ?’ is closed to new replies.