Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Phnom Penh, Cambodia
  • shermer75
    Free Member

Has anyone had any bike holidays in Phnom Penh, Cambodia? I’m lucky enough to have a week to fill over that way at the end of November…

billysugger
    Free Member

Should be nice and cool and not too rainy at that time of year.

Can’t help much with bike advise.

Some incredible temples.

Try to avoid the one they’re fighting the Thais over

shermer75
    Free Member

Thanks! 😉

shermer75
    Free Member

Bump

tootallpaul

I would head up to Siem Reap, and spend a few days cycling round the temples. Best way to see them.

Phnom Penh is a lot of fun to ride around- lots of traffic though.

Toured through Cambodia a few years ago- amazing country.

P

ricardo666
    Free Member

Have a look at red spokes website they might be able to give you some advice.

KingofBiscuits
    Free Member

What tootall said

PP is a great, lively city but not one for cycling around due to heavy traffic.

Siem Reap and the temples is fantastic on a bike and indeed the best way to see them. I didn’t think much to SR itself. Just a tourist trap for the temples but they are worth it.

I recently read they’ve re-opened one after years of restoration too.

BTW, take the 4 hour (power)boat from the tourist dock in PP to SR via the Tonle Sap Lake. Brilliant.

nosedive
    Free Member

wonderful place, both Phnom Pen and Siam Reap. You would be insane to take a bike there though. the standards of road safety left a lot to be desired. I didn’t feel safe in a car

shermer75
    Free Member

Thanks for the advice! Will be heading up to Siam Reap with the girlfriend after the week is out- was hoping to find something to do while we’re in Phnom Pen (she’ll be working and I’ll be bumming around + enjoying the free accommodation!)

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Phnom Penh, Cambodia’ is closed to new replies.