Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Pearl Jam tickets!
  • wrightyson
    Free Member

😯
    What justifies £75 each!
    Bollox!

Three_Fish
    Free Member

What justifies £75 each!

Ticketmaster?

TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

Oh the ironing…….

kevj
    Free Member

Real shame if that is the price. Love Pearl Jam, but food, drinks, over night stay, tickets and travel to Leeds is the best part of £500 for the wife and I. That’s a lot of money for Jeremy.

wrightyson
    Free Member

I no understand the ironing in my statement fm?

lodious
    Free Member

Pearl Jam had a big legal dispute w/Ticketmaster a good few years ago (which they unfortunately lost)

the-muffin-man

What justifies £75 each!

Gigs are a bands major source of income now that illegal downloads and streaming are taking over. They have pushed prices higher and higher over the last few years and people still keep comping.

Unfortunately this means I am now priced out of them!

DrRSwank
    Free Member

It’s a way of keeping riff raff out.

It is a lot of money though, but it’s about how much you value something. I’ve tickets to this which friends think is sensible and also weekend tickets to Sonishpere the weekend before – which at £168 makes my mates think I’m nuts. Yet I get Prodigy, Iron Maiden and Metallica PLUS shit loads of others for £168.

I guess it depends who you look at money innit.

I didn’t think that the price for PJ at the MK bowl was too bad – good venue, great band, great night out…..

_tom_
    Free Member

Ridiculous. I’m going to see Protest The Hero, The Safety Fire AND TesseracT in Feb for about £15. And then Clutch in May for £18.

novaswift
    Free Member

Don’t know how much the band sees from the £75 but it comes across as sheer greed

thekingisdead
    Free Member

As the muffin man said. It’s the way the markets gone.
    In ‘the good ol’ days’ bands would tour to promote records (where they made their £)
    Now they sell records to tour(where they make their £)

I think there is an element with the established acts that they know their core fan base is older……and therefore has higher disposable income. They will charge what the market will bear.

Seeing live music (established bands anyhow) has also gone mainstream , IMO. Pushing the price up

TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

Pearl jam made a huge fuss over gig ticket prices in the early 90’s. They prevented ticketmaster from seeking their gigs because of the high prices and protested that ticket prices were unfairly high. Went on for a long time

rumbledethumps
    Free Member

Yep saw them on the last few tours for backspacer and the hard rock caling. Priced me out! Shame cos they’re great live!

CountZero

Even the smaller venues are fairly pricy these days; I have to be a lot more selective now, unlike back in the 90’s when I would happily take a punt on a band playing in London, although, back then there weren’t the venues in Bristol. I saw 39 headliners in my best year.
    I have tickets for Goldfrapp at the Colston Hall next year, and two tickets are £67.21, two tickets for Arcade Fire at Earle’s Court are £94.40, and two for Elbow at the O2 are £85.50.
    Compared to those, Paper Aeroplanes are playing The Thekla in Bristol and the tickets are £8.80 each.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Tickets to see them at Leeds (the new Arena) are £58 (apparently – me and a mate were interested but I don’t think we are at that price).

Shame as I’ve seen some really good gigs at the O2 in Leeds in the last couple of years and never paid more than £25 or so…

Tiger6791

Footie tickets can be £50 and they do every week

BeardedDave
    Free Member

I’ve bought 5 tickets for me and friends for their Milton Keynes gig. It worked out at £73.40 each (Leeds list price is £10 cheaper), splitting the booking fees and postage equally. I’m not thrilled at the cost and I certainly wouldn’t pay that to see a lot of bands. But, having seen them a few times before, I know that they put on a seriously good live performance. I’m also hoping that at a venue like Milton Keynes Bowl, they may be putting on a few bands during the day. Ultimately, I guess bands charge what the know people are willing to pay. Pearl Jam are still quite a big live draw, with a very loyal fan base and I’m pretty certain that the tour will sell out.

wrightyson
    Free Member

PJ are one of the few bands from my yoof I’ve not seen before. Having been to the bowl 3/4 times previously whoevers been on has made a day of it with usually at least 2/3 supports.
    Love the venue but its a fookin nightmare getting a hotel close by.

Northwind

At the bowl it’s got to be an alldayer, surely? Tend to look at these as sort of mini-festivals rather than a single big band. They will be great, I’m not that much of a pearl jam fan but they were brilliant at reading.

evillittlegoat
    Free Member

No **** Irish dates again this tour so back to Amsterdam for me. £55 a pop, I think they were £51 each last year.

BeardedDave
    Free Member

This might explain the high ticket prices! 😉
    Robbed!

tomtomthepipersson
    Free Member

Pricey yes, but I’m still going. Worth every penny, superb band live.

My missus paid over 500 quid for 2 tickets to their Astoria gig a few years back. Bloody fantastic gig though.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Pearl Jam tickets!’ is closed to new replies.