Viewing 30 posts - 321 through 350 (of 350 total)
  • PEAKS POOTLE: June 12th, Cakes, Tandems and a bit of a chat
  • Jamie
    Free Member

That man is Pook and he has that vote

He is one of life’s natural dictators leaders.

Pook

‘Allo!

Edit: Jamie, I’d say the gloves are off but you’ve probably forgotten yours again

binners

Dictator? Leader? I’ve heard rumour he’s omnipotent. It was definitely something like that anyway 😉

nbt – A few of the usual SMM suspects are are on about a weekends camping snd frolicking on the Long Mynd some time over the next month or so. Probably involving similar drunken trampoline based antics as last time.

Pook

Binners, you’d just used too much Jesus juice

nbt

Binners, keep us informed, new job might make it hard for us to play out anytime soon but will try.

thepodge
    Free Member

nbt – Hollingworth Lake

I cant quite decide if you are taking the piss or not. I used to ride there from Tod long before mountain bikes were invented. Plus its not in the Peak.

nbt

>Plus its not in the Peak.

Are you spoiling for a fight or something? That’s the third thread where you’re having a pop at people (this, tollah’s thread and the 18 bikes thread) fro those I bother reading, god know how many others you’re on. What does it matter where it is? Someone was good enough to say they’d be happy enough to get off their arse and organise something, do you have a problem with that? lighten up man, it’s all about riding bikes.

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

smile for the camera he said…..

MrMichaelWright

sambob
    Free Member

some good stuff from Hollingworth lake to be fair. Long Mynd sounds good too. So does Macc Forest. Hmmm……

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

and here’s the route

google earth

13.4 miles

730m of climbing

My total for the day was 28 miles and 1020m of climbing, that’d be why my legs hurt

thepodge
    Free Member

Are you spoiling for a fight or something?

Not with you. I just don’t like people who have a pop at my wife and I thought you were listening in when I explained my 18 Bikes comment in the pub? Its not an exciting story so I wouldn’t blame you for listening to some one else.

I didn’t know some one had seriously suggested hollingworth lake, I’m from that area originally and didn’t know there was anything worth travelling for round there, we just used to go and jump in. The not in the Peak comment was in jest (being as they started out as Peak pootles), I have no idea where Mac Forest is, that may also not be in the Peak but it doesn’t matter.

nbt

I thought you were listening in when I explained my 18 Bikes comment in the pub

Now yo mention it I’ve vague memories of that in the pub – bust mech was it? – but I did have 2 pints and am a complete lightweight, a third would have sent me to sleep.

Plenty of riding starting from hollingworth lake, either over towards Marsden or up towards Stoodley Pike. Not all legal, mind.

amodicumofgnar

Macc forest not in the Peak, its home to the only proper peak in the Peak – the Mighty Shutlingsloe 🙂

Pook

Make love not war maaaaan – you don’t know, you weren’t there….. forrest! Forrest! My names bubba, from bubba gump shrimp

thepodge
    Free Member

I’m gonna look it up when I get home, being that I work in the peak I should really know these things

Pook

Make love not war maaaaan – you don’t know, you weren’t there….. forrest! Forrest! My names bubba, from bubba gump shrimp

Pook

That was funnier the first time.

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

was it?

thepodge
    Free Member

having taken independent advice I realise my first hollingworth lake comment did come across all wrong so sorry about that.

Pook

Right, enough of all this now. I don’t want the pootles to be tarred with the brush of argument and anger. Whether rd intended to cause offence I don’t know, but offence was taken and that’s unfortunate. Let’s call it a misunderstanding, accept that, apologise as appropriate, get over it on both sides and walk away. The ride was ace, and that’s the memory I want of it.

The internet is rife for misinterpretation, but that doesn’t excuse exacerbating it, plus I’d like to think we’re all above that. That said, a cake challenge sounds fun.

Now, let’s all just move on, enjoy our bikes and look forward to the next ride eh?

Video coming up at some point!

BadlyWiredDog

I’ll have a think about the cake challenge – would it have to be held under the Peaks Pootle franchise d’ya think? Like the ‘Peaks Pootle Cake Challenge Extravaganza Organised Under Licence And Part Of The International Peaks Pootle Coporation Rides Official World Series’? Which sounds snappy… Maybe PPCEOULAPOTIPPCROWS as a shorter, easy to remember acronym?

Pook

I like it.

tollah
    Free Member

If it’s the Long Mynd I’d be happy to guide a ride round there or if it’s gnarlyfreerideymince I can put a ride for everyone on in the forest if Dean (also a campsite) so we can post ride discuss and fall out over a few beers and a cheeseboard!

slowrider
    Free Member

FoD would be worth a trip if someone who knows the decent stuff guides.

And a belated thanks to all who made this pootle happen, even if it was just by showing up

Pook

is this another opportunity to put this up? 😀

[video]http://www.vimeo.com/25052359[/video]

BadlyWiredDog

Can I cheer you all up by mentioning that I might just have ridden the whole Roych/Jacob’s Ladder circuit with a friend, yesterday, in blistering, wall to wall sunshine – right weather, wrong day… 😉

tollah
    Free Member

Then I’m your man slowrider! Although for the really good stuff best you come down for a non pootle threerider day when we can ride like loonies and not harm anyone else!

slowrider
    Free Member

You’re on!

tollah
    Free Member

Let’s threeride and feed off each other then get stoked!
    Drop me an email when you’ve got some time free and we’ll get it on!

slowrider
    Free Member

That is the most homerotic invitation I’ve ever received (not including horas daily propositions). Obviously I’m in!

Viewing 30 posts - 321 through 350 (of 350 total)

The topic ‘PEAKS POOTLE: June 12th, Cakes, Tandems and a bit of a chat’ is closed to new replies.