Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Peak District Runners….a little help please.
  • Jamie
    Free Member

Anyone have a route, with gpx/tcx, that should be relatively weather resistant. Not fussed about getting wet, but don’t fancy wading for more miles than I have to.

6-10ish miles or thereabouts.

Something round Mam-Tor way, possibly?

theteaboy
    Free Member

Look for Castleton Fell Race on Garmin Connect/ Mapmyrun. It’s a classic route. 6m, 1500’ish

Jamie
    Free Member

Cheers for the info, decided to have a crack at this, but start from the Win Hill side. Should be interesting…

theteaboy
    Free Member

That’ll be great – at least it’s the dry half! The bogs on the other half could well be neck-deep.

Make sure you follow the ridge line from the top of Lose Hill to Hollins Cross – the route through Brockett Wood below Lose Hill is a bit dull and gloopy.

Full skyline in March? http://www.dpfr.org.uk/pages/3

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Jamie
    Free Member

@Teaboy

Being a complete ponce at navigating, and this being my first time up ther, I will probably try and follow the .gpx route as much as possible (or just follow someone who looks like they know where they are going), as will get lost otherwise. Unless it’s all pretty straightforward.

I am only in the area as visiting my Sis who lives in Sheffield, and figured it would be rude not to get some running in. Not going to break any records as running straight after the 2.5hr drive up there.

@Teetosugars – So don’t speak to Pieface then? 😉

theteaboy
    Free Member

You’ll be fine – it’s an easy route to follow.

The gpx takes the proper route over the top. If you’re feeling knackered, the wood is the bailout route and is pretty obvious.

Jamie
    Free Member

Cheers for the advice, Teaboy. I think I will just park at Edale and start from there, seeing as that’s where the .gpx starts.

*note to self: charge up 310XT*

Teetosugars
    Free Member

@Teetosugars – So don’t speak to Pieface then?

Haha… Was trying to edit it, but my battery died mid point 😳

Odd…

But yeah, speak to Will, he seems pretty good at the whole running thing!!!!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Peak District Runners….a little help please.’ is closed to new replies.