Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Patagonia Dirt Roamer Bike Pack review
  • stwhannah

The Patagonia Dirt Roamer Bike Pack is billed as a pack to hold ‘all the extra layers and supplies for big rides or bad weather’.

By stwhannah

Get the full story here:

https://singletrackworld.com/wp-content/uploads/2024/02/patagonia-dirt-roamer-bike-pack-review/

prettygreenparrot

🤔 £140, weak organisational consideration but includes a bladder. Glad my turn of the century HAWG only needs a bit of stitching to stay with me.

Nice product placement with the Bum Butter® 👍

Often disappointed by MTB bag offerings. Always seem to fall a little short in the organising department.

wheelsonfire1

“a guddle of things”?  First time I’ve heard that, I’m going to use it!

ayjaydoubleyou

Another downside to the lack of organisational compartments… (or compression straps?)

what happens when you’ve drunk half your water, eaten your lunch, used your tube, and put your jacket on? Your remaining items are now bouncing around a near empty sack which feels awful and probably isnt much good for those items either.

nickc

I’ve previously regarded Patagonia’s Dirt Roamer collection as equivalent to those terrible BSO that car companies sometimes inflict on unsuspecting members of the public. This isn’t doing anything to persuade me otherwise.

morgans
    Free Member

How’s your own experience using it?

Sanny
    Free Member

Interestingly enough I have this very bag. Same colour and size but mine has a zipped pocket on each side of waist belt, no inner zipped pocket and no stretchy tool storage on the inside. I use small drybags for organising my kit – tools, survival essentials, clothes – and it works a treat. Easily better than any of the Camelbaks I have had over the years.

Cheers

Sanny

Bruce

After having a Camelbak which was prone unzipping and depositing it’s contents in the road, the big back zip does not inspire confidence.

0range5

Must be difficult to impossible to design a pack that suits a high percentage of riders. People carry different items in different brands and different sizes. I tend to go bigger than I need and just use the cinch straps to reduce volume to what I need. That way I can fit all the stuff I like to carry. Still never had a pack that I couldn’t criticise in some way though!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.