Viewing 10 posts - 81 through 90 (of 90 total)
  • Pat Adams wants your feedback on SITS to make it even better so what………
  • TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I have been twice but won't go again. Mainly due to the poor riding. I did one wet year that was awful and one dry year which was dull.

All the other things are peripheral to me but the dullness of the riding makes it pointless to enter.

crazy-legs

All the other things are peripheral to me but the dullness of the riding makes it pointless to enter.

This years course was stunning, best ever at Catton. Yes the place is truly horrendous if it's wet but last weekend was ACE. Fantastic course, loads of interest, dry, warm. It was as challenging as you wanted it to be.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Is it that much better than a couple of years ago? a couple of mildly interesting bits of single track, nothing of any challenge and miles of seriously dull field edges and flat double track plus irritating pointlesss twisting around trees.

I thought they had done well to get the best out of the area but to me it was just dull riding even solo. But then I did enjoy doing the Puffer!

molgrips
    Free Member

It was better than a few years ago yes. Only one section of field edge; more singletrack I am sure; however there were a couple of irritating twisty bits.

Still better than before, but also harder.

I'd do the Puffer, but it's just too far for me.

hels
    Free Member

Have been thinking about the whole minimum laps thing.

I think the point of the Enthusiast Cat is just that, for people who want to have a go, hence the low mimimum lap requirement, which is for all people across all teams, not just aimed at the women in the mixed enthusiast cat. It means less experienced/fit etc riders can have a shot, and if a rider gets sick or has fatal mechanical the rest have a better chance to keep riding.

Expert cats you now have to do minimum 4 laps per rider. I don't think there were any Expert mixed teams this year ?

So anyway my point is that if teams are taking it that seriously that they only let the female do two laps they should step up and ride in the Expert cat ! And all members have to do 4 each then.

It made sense in my head…

So anyway my point is, keep the laps at minimum 2 for ALL riders, and the Expert is about right at 4.

topangarider
    Free Member

I thought the course was pretty good given what they have to play with there. The course at one of these events is never going to please everyone. If you found it dull, you weren't going fast enough!

paulrockliffe
    Free Member

Hels, there was only one expert team in total!

monkey_nutz
    Free Member

Had a great time, no real complaints thats for losers! We did a mixed team, came 2nd with our female doing the same workload as the other teammates, thats how it should be otherwise it just aint cricket! Surely you race other teams doing the same thing on an equal basis not podium hunting!??
    All in in all a well run event, well done to all the organisers.

Any news on whether any of these suggestions are going to be taken on ?
    My main request, and quite an easy one to implement, would be a commentator at the start line telling the solo riders their position.
    I rode almost super solo, my support crew of one was riding as a pair with another friend, and for most of the race I had no idea where I was in the results.
    All it would take is a commentator or some other volunteer to stand in front of the results screen with a microphone announcing "Number 99, Joe Bloggs, riding for Fulchester Cycles, finishing his 10th lap. 50th overall, 10th veteran"

postierich
    Free Member

Will send a link to Pat I,m sure he will be glad of the feedback!

Viewing 10 posts - 81 through 90 (of 90 total)

The topic ‘Pat Adams wants your feedback on SITS to make it even better so what………’ is closed to new replies.