Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • passportes du soleil. who was there?
  • hora
    Free Member

Anyway (sniff) GEDA's picks look shit. Not my thing really. I prefer riding round the hills of Rivington or some bland trail centre.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

We were hard to miss, it has to be said!

I shall ride in that shirt more often I think! 😀

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Click pic for more. 🙂

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

But I think this one of the flying DrP needs posting on it's own….

snowslave

Flippin eck that's pretty darn impressive!

Ti29er
    Free Member

So, for 2011, what kit is required?

From the pictures, there's everything there from full DH kit to no-pads XC.
    Do you need those layers of protection?
    If you'd not wear that stuff on Red Runs at UK trail centres, is the route 1/2 a step up towards black in places 7 therefore warrants the kit?

DrP

Pete – loving the recovery of the over-exposure!

Ti29 – I'd say it's no more technical than the red trails at Afan (mostly), but the bit that gets me is the duration of the whole event/decents, which leads to fatigue and mistakes.

Last year I wore a full face plus knee pads. This year just the XC lid and knee pads (was too hot basically!).
    I didn't have any big spills (biggest injury I have was from falling down my stairs back home!), but the knee pads were useful a few times (lots of little tumbles, and I've got bony knees!).
    Also, I'd suggest flat pedals….

But it's each to their own really – some people do the event with full DH kit/spine braces etc. Certainly there are runs in the area you may want that for, but not the actual PdS.

As for bikes – ride what you ride over here…maybe with bigger rotors?

DrP

snowslave

Ti29er it's a long xc ride. The pic is fab but its not a fair representation of the day. You'd have to seek that stuff out and there are always chicken runs

boltbybasher
    Free Member

PDS (pretty damn sure)I'll be back again for more but will look out for a few of the detours mentioned here – that fire road drag from Pres la Joux to Linga almost finished me off. Just one question – how were you supposed to get your 1 day complimentary lift pass? Was it in the dodgy retro back pack freebie?

snowslave

Mine was in that back pack

Yeah Toppers mega thanks to Commencal. Really enjoyed the event and I'll be back. First time I've ridden in the Alpes and have come to the assumption that the more you ride the Passporte Du Soleil and get to know the area the more you get from it. Thinking about taking my Meta later in the year!

Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘passportes du soleil. who was there?’ is closed to new replies.