Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Part time full face XC helmets?
  • boxelder

Mrs had a face plant at GTress over w/e ending in A+E and internal stitches. Now wants a helmet with chin guard. Any alternative recs to a Met Parachute? Will do junior too hopefully as he’s equally accident prone.

stevede
    Free Member

Specialized deviant is a bit more substantial whilst still being relatively well vented, urge archi enduro is another one. Neither of these have a removable chin guard but I’d trust both a hell of a lot more than a met parachute.

bwaarp
    Free Member

This is what the Archi Enduroo does to peoples faces. Moral of the story, either buy a proper full face or ride a half lid and ride slower. Things like the Archi Urge helmet encourage you to go at downhill speeds.

Why so serious?

After surgery, not exactly fully healed eh?

http://forums.mtbr.com/utah/crash-report-urge-archi-enduro-helmet-795542.html

dirtydog
    Free Member

Smashed my Archi Enduro as well, the chin guard is far too weak, wouldn’t have one again!

Judging by that photo I got off lightly.

stevede
    Free Member

Christ! Apologies for recommending something I haven’t (and now won’t be trying out). Was thinking of one of those if they make full face helmets compulsory for gravity enduro next year, think I’ll stick with the troy lee.

bwaarp
    Free Member

My solution has been to purchase a bag with helmet straps on it and just swap to a full face at the top of longer downhills that I want to hammer it on, for the swoopy up and down stuff that you usually get on the way to your favourite descents I keep my XC lid on but just cruise well within my limits.

boxelder

Ouch – have to make sure she doesn’t see this now.
    Thanks – carrying spare helmet not an option and it’s only really for re-assurance, she doesen’t ‘pin it’ – it was a stall and arc over the bars job apparently (happily I was being blown off Whernside at the time)

seavers
    Free Member

happily I was being blown off Whernside at the time

Sooooo…you were getting blown off while your other half was in A+E. Dude…NIIIIICCCEEEEEEE

boxelder

There were loads of us – twas a collective sort of deal.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Part time full face XC helmets?’ is closed to new replies.