Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Parking in and around old trafford cricket ground.
  • weaty
    Free Member

Hi, my wife and her mate are going to see take that end of june at old trafford cricket ground. She is stressing about car parking.

Does anyone know the area. where is the best/quickest/easiest/safest place to park?

Thanks for any help.

P.

samuri
    Free Member

Trafford bar station is a 5 minute walk away. Drive to anywhere on that route and get the tram in. but really, they’re geared up for Man U football matches round there so there’s no way there’s going to be trouble parking for a cricket match.

edit:
    As far as parking close to the ground goes, there’s a big car park associated with the club and the local businesses on Talbot road all allow parking in their car parks. One of them would work best.

double edit: aah, you’re going to watch take that, sorry, yeah it could be quite busy.

MartynS

there will be loads of chaps in yellow jackets guiding you into various carparks.. at the ground itself there is very limited parking, opposite is Trafford town hall and they somtimes open up their carpark. The other option is to park somewhere on the tram route, and use that to get to the ground..

hora
    Free Member

Theres a secure carpark on Davy Road Hulme East (within a Primary school). £6 though. Be wary of people waving you into parking in general- its probably on private land and could be clamped.

Chase
    Free Member

Saw Oasis there a few years ago. I parked at the football ground in their parking. It just felt a bit safer than all those off street operations in hi vis vests. It’s only a short walk to the cricket ground then.

LordSummerisle
    Free Member

Trafford bar station is a 5 minute walk away.

And Old Trafford station is right next to the Cricket Club. (tho depending on when the concert is – its worth noting that the Altringham line is being closed during August with a bus replacement service operating instead) but the eccles line will still be operating, but if your coming through from North Manchester area then remember the trams arent running through the city centre all summer due to rail replacement works.

there is parking at the cricket club, but with the new stand being built there is a big reduction in the number of spaces at the club available – i believe while the concert season is going on, our office car park is being taken over (my office window overlooks the pitch) the B&Q also does concert & football in the evenings.
    otherwise there is alot of parking around Man U’s ground which is walking distance.

snowslave

If you pass the cricket ground on your left, turn left at the lights, pass B&Q, straight across the Quadrant roundabout, and find parking down there somewhere and walk back. It’s free.

weaty
    Free Member

Hi,

Thanks for all of your replies, very helpful.

Cheers.
    P.

Xan
    Free Member

I went to the Artic Monkeys gig there 2 years ago. Arrived late, chapped on someones door and offered them a tenner to park at their house. Were only more than happy to take it. Had a 2 minute walk to the stadium was great.

LordSummerisle
    Free Member

just a FYI now its getting close.

The Cricket Club car parking has been completely taken over by the stage crews and loos so theres no parking at the club. our office car park is for disabled concert parking only.
    the parking that used to be on the waste ground and road behind the old trafford metro station is closed for building work.

so your best bet to park is around Man U’s ground, or possibly the B&Q behind the grounds

hora
    Free Member

You could park on my road however Im not posting my postcode on here!

ourmaninthenorth

Remember that (it is reputed that) the chaps operating the car parks at the various business premises near to the ground are engageed by organisations of indeterminate legitimacy and that you’re probably helping to finance a furthe rshipment of smack into Miles Platting.

But don’t let that be on your conscience when you’re waving your lighter in the air….

😉

binners

You can park outside my house if you like. Five minutes walk. I wouldn’t park near Hora’s. He lives on the wrong side of the tracks

ourmaninthenorth – I worked in an office near Old Trafford. We were working late one nigth when some scrotes turned up, placed a sign saying ‘Match Parking £10’ in our car park and started waving cars in. My boss went down to remonstrate and they told him in no uncertain terms that his health may be jepordised if he didn’t cease protesting forthwith. They kindly let him get his car out of his own car park before it got full though 🙂

sadexpunk

thanks for your offers binners and hora. im gonna text weaty now and tell him to check up on this thread 🙂

weaty
    Free Member

Thanks for the input guys, she is peeing her pants as we speak 😉
    I think it will have to be the football ground, she will be there by about 12oc anyway.

Cheers

weaty
    Free Member

Sorry I didnt read the reply from binners and hora properly last night,
    were iether of you seriouse about letting my wife and here mate park outside your house ?

Would it be in your way if she did ?
    Cheers
    p

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Parking in and around old trafford cricket ground.’ is closed to new replies.