Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Park Tool Workstand PCS9.2 VS PCS10.2
  • oscillatewildly
    Free Member

has any one got a reason/s to upgrade to the 10.2 over the 9.2?

i can get the 9.2 significantly cheaper, is there a reason for this?

i know the clamp looks a bit more user friendly on the 10.2 but given this is just a home mechanic occasional use type stand im not sure id see any real benefit unless the 9.2 is garbage?

im coming from a cheap 10 year old one, so its likely to be better than what i have

iainc

I made this change the other week. The 10.2 is easier to fold and a bit more compact, both folded and when in use. The clamp is easier to use and has a shorter clamp gripper section, which is handy if you only have a short length of seatpost available for clamping with.

honourablegeorge

Not sure on the .2, but the old 9 had a screw clamp, while the 10 had a cam/lever, so much quicker to use. The 9 also needs a £13 adaptor to fit a tray.

pnik

If you’re bothered about accessories like the tray etc, I think some of them are only available for the 10, I went for the 10 mainly because of the clamp and perceived ease of use. I was coming from a very old cheap one with a very annoying clamp.

joebristol

I got a 10 at Christmas last year – having previously used a cheapie £25 one from eBay for a few years before that.

I’m actually a bit underwhelmed by it – it’s a beautiful Park blue and it feels more solid than the cheap one – but you can’t rotate the bike on the stand as the main shaft is oval rather than round. I’m finding that surprisingly annoying in a relatively small space.

The actual clamp to the bike bit is good – but I find to rotate the head it sometimes seems to get stuck / jammed and needs quite a lot of force to twist it.

I’m convinced there must be a better option out there, but I can’t tell you what!

nwmlarge
    Free Member

Get a Feedback stand instead.

I had a Park 9 and sold it to buy the feedback.

The feedback is lighter, more stable and 100 times easier to use the head etc.

I have the sport. Not cheap but you will never look at another.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

joe bristol – is yours the 10 or 10.2? i believe they changed a few niggles in the 10.2

ive seen the feedback sports ones but they arent in stock and i cant get one anywhere near as cheap as the 9.2 park tool one

granny_ring

OP I have a Park10 with tray that I might sell if you’re interested?
    It’s 3 years old or so but hardly used.
    Msg if interested.

joebristol

Mines a 10.2 – the legs are different on the 10.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Park Tool Workstand PCS9.2 VS PCS10.2’ is closed to new replies.