Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 86 total)
  • Parents huddle round and help- Screaming throughout the night
  • hora
    Free Member

Ok hes 7month old and has started waking up and screaming (arching his back as if in pain).

Hes cheeks aren’t red and hes not ‘biting’ when you stick your finger into his mouth. Hes not hungry and he doesnt have a temperature. The Doc thinks its ‘wind’ (how?).

What should we do? We are climbing the walls with lack of sleep 🙁

philconsequence
    Free Member

did you keep the receipt?

Hairychested
    Free Member

It’ll get better or you’ll get used to. Get bonking pronto and make another one. They’ll make it stereo, much better sound than mono.

beamers

Could be Colic.

tree-magnet
    Free Member

The Doc thinks its ‘wind’ (how?).

The docs probably right. No temperature, in pain and not hungry or wet/dirty means it’s probably wind. My little one suffered with it for about 2 months and then seemed to grow out of it.

Pook

Stop feeding him your left over curries.

beamers

Could be Colic.

We should have bought shares in Infacol we used that much of it when the Beamlet was brand new.

iDave
    Free Member

i feel your pain

only lasted four months for us

no idea what works

theotherjonv

try infacol. Worked with ours.

muggomagic

Could be colic. Are you winding him before he goes down?

My eldest was like this for a couple of months. Time to DTFU I’m afraid.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Perhaps he has been on here and realised who his Dad is ?
    They all do it we never really know why DTFU and get used to it
    I did 3 years without ever getting a full nights sleep- his 18 mth younger brother was sleeping through before him.
    It is tough you have my sympathy
    Piriton can be misused [safely] as a sleeping aid – cant rememeber from what age

KINGTUT
    Free Member

My daughter suffered with bad wind around 3 months and as above Infacol did the trick, now at 7 months she sleeps all through the night.

She’s great.

MrNutt
    Free Member

do people still give gripe water?

neilforrow

hora, you could try infacol or gripe water (does the same thing)

If you are using bottles to feed, some kids dont get on with some bottles, I found these bottles did the trick.. the teat has a pipe that syphens off the bubbles… something like that.. but it seemed to work for my boy…

http://www.drbrowns.co.uk/index.php

like muggomagic said… really try to get the wind up…

no sleep is savage.

Hohum
    Free Member

An arching back would seem to indicate wind. Is he comforted when you put him up on your shoulder gut first? Try massaging his back at the same time.

Hopefully he will grow out of it.

All 3 of mine have been buggers for sleeping for various reasons.

You do have sympathy about the lack of and broken sleep it makes you feel like a zombie.

hora
    Free Member

I tried riding after a few days of this and you just feel physically spent dont you? Nothing there. 😐

Hohum
    Free Member

He will get over it at some point, just keep telling yourself that.

Also, think about it from his point of view. The poor little chap must be in a lot of pain to be doing what he is doing.

iDave
    Free Member

I tried riding after a few days of this and you just feel physically spent dont you? Nothing there.

you should go out on your bike then

hora
    Free Member

Ho Hum. I know. Its not nice to witness and feel helpless.

Right will have the above stuff for tonight 🙂

oopnorth
    Free Member

Like said above, try DrBrown bottles, worked for us. From memory I think you can get them from Boots, Asda or Tescos.

wwaswas

One of those things you’ll just have to live through, I think.

Our boy would sleep ok if slightly upright in a pushchair but only if it were moving. We used to take it in turns to sit in the lounge rockign it back and forth. 2 hours on, 2 hours off. Only lasted for 3 months and after that he went back to sleeping in his bed and waking every 2 hours for about 20 minutes. I see you can buy treadmills to put the pushchair on now – I’d have bought one!

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Doesn’t colic usually go after they are about 3-4 months?

Our 2 year old now sleeps 12+ hours a night. Another one due in Feb so we are about to completely ruin our nights all over again!

doc_blues
    Free Member

Infacol or gripe water (which is less sugary). Indeed does sound like colic/wind. It’ll pass… mine ( 2yrs) sat on my knee this morning, told me he was going to ‘toot’ and let rip with the most disgusting stench before running off laughing

beamers

told me he was going to ‘toot’ and let rip with the most disgusting stench before running off laughing

You must be very proud. I would be.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Yeah most likely wind (I thought the same as surf-mat about colic being past at 7 months).

Try winding him halfway through his bedtime bottle then again at the end. But every child is different (our two – one still needs that doing at 16 months, the other can go down without winding at all).

ski
    Free Member

Does sound like wind.

Think all parents have been there, its not nice, welcome to the 3am club 😉

Just another thought, he’s not having probs. poping one out is he?

TiRed

How’s your winding technique? Lie over the shoulder and rub the back is a good start, but to really get the wind out (both ends) I used to sit son on lap, one hand on tummy and perform slow baby sit ups. Seemed to reach the air pockets other methods failed to reach.

And sadly, it’s a question of DTFU, went about five years without proper sleep… You’ll get used to it.

mrsflash
    Free Member

bicyle legs work well if it’s farts rather than burps too.

Zedsdead
    Free Member

I told him to do it. I said “annoy yer pops as much as he annoys us on STW young un”

I’m glad to see he’s listening.

Mwuahahahahaahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

yossarian
    Free Member

bicyle legs work well if it’s farts rather than burps too.

+1

I do them too, for some reason my wife thinks its juvenile

With regard to OP, its maybe a little late for colic (as SM thinks)? But anyways its just one of them things to get through and wait for the next challenge.

wors

I found ear plugs worked well 😉

takisawa2

Our eldest suffered with reflux that would have him act a bit like that sometimes. Doc prescribed Infant Gaviscon to give him. Worked wonders.

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Our eldest suffered with reflux that would have him act a bit like that sometimes. Doc prescribed Infant Gaviscon to give him.

Ours had this until 6 months old – puke everywhere all the time, screamed every time he was fed. Took two weeks (and not from a GP) to work out what it was. Infant Gaviscon via a syringe before every single feed. Still hurled a lot but at least it didn’t hurt him. Never had a problem gaining weight strangely enough.

bruneep

this place gets more like mumsnet everyday 🙄

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

No it doesn’t – one thread out of hundreds about babies.

There is an options called “look at the bloody obvious title and if you aren’t interested, don’t read it”

IanB
    Free Member

You could try raising the head of the cot by a couple of inches so he sleeps on a slight slope.

Our little one had colic – infacol didn’t work as well for us as colief did. It was more expensive, but easier to administer and relieved the trapped wind.

+1 for the bike legs too. Gets them used to a pedalling motion nice and early 😉

hora
    Free Member

this place gets more like mumsnet everyday

Erm, some of the topics on there remind me of a bitter and twisted male(s) of STW.

‘My mans just walked out’ (I wonder why)

‘He wont sleep with me anymore’ (I wonder why)

‘He keeps going with Prostitutes’ (anything but you huh)

dazzlingboy

can someone tell me what DTFU means? ❓

hora
    Free Member

I guess its Dad The **** Up.

hora
    Free Member

Diet: His tea chicken, beef or lentils puréed with veg along with fruit.

(Protein heavy with the meat?) Will try just just puréed veg tonight.

Along with yoghurt after.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 86 total)

The topic ‘Parents huddle round and help- Screaming throughout the night’ is closed to new replies.

RAFFLE ENDS FRIDAY 8PM