Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Pannier Rack For a 29er
  • Mat

Some I know wants panniers for his On-One 29er, any reccomendations as to what works/what to go for?

TIA
    Mat

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

Tubus Disco

Mat

hmm it's got an alfine hub I'm afriad so can't get away with the QR attachment, any other suggestions?

Swayndo
    Free Member

The position of the brake on my Sand Inbred 29er frame means I would be able to use a standard-fit rack (i.e. not a shimmed, disc rack). The frame doesn't have any mounting holes on the seatstay or wishbone however.

I think the Blackburn EX1 comes with clip mounts that should fit.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Tubus racks – comes with many mounting options and you don't need to use the disco – just space out the normal mountings to clear the calliper. works fine on the tandem using a cargo rack spaced out 7mm on the disc side and 3 mm on the non disc side.

Mat

This is a Sand Inbred 29er and has rack mounts no?

(the actual bike I'm putting it on)

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

looks like rack mounts on the dropout and the single bit of the seatstays to me?

Mat

Ok, so the 28" Tubus racks are fine clearance wise with a 29" wheel and 2.1" tyres TJ?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Mat _ I don't know for sure but I have a 26 rack on my 26 tandem it has about an inch and a half of clearnce.

You also get mounting kits that lift them further up.

tubus are expensive tho.

http://www.tubus.com/index/lang/en/rubrik/Spares%20and%20Accessories/
    Drawings
    http://www.tubus.com/index/lang/en/rubrik/Rear%20Carriers/artikel/Cargo

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

the disco has 50mm more clearance (radius) than the fly

Swayndo
    Free Member

Mmm … mine doesn't have any mounts up top, either on the wishbone or seatstays, but it was from the first batch!

Sorry for duff info, it was clearly sorted in later production runs. The EX1 will still work well.

ton

tubus fly on a sand inbred …..same as me…

Singlespeedpunk
    Free Member

Nimrod height adjustable rack. £25ish in most places. Plenty of room for 2.55" 29er tyres 🙂

As for fitting kit Nimrod also make some nice P-Clips for the bottom of the seat stays (measure the diameter first as they come in lots of sizes) and they also make a mono-stay adaptor that clamps round the wishbone tube and gives 2 mounting points for the upper rack fittings.

Williams Cycles in Cheltenham should have all the bits. Give them a ring on 01242 252 246 and ask for Giles and say Alex sent you.

SSP

singlespeedstu

Second the Nimrod.
    It's on all the big wheeled bikes in my garage.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Pannier Rack For a 29er’ is closed to new replies.