Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Packet of crisps….how much?
  • zippykona

Hungry and needed to eat.
    £1.80 for a pack of Pipers.
    Is there anywhere more expensive than Earls Court?

botanybay
    Free Member

18p per crisp?

gogg
    Free Member

Heathrow??

CountZero

😯 Bloody Nora! I usually reckon on about 50p for a packet to go with a pint.

cliffyc
    Free Member

The reality often is, you pay the going rate where you are,you just got hungry in an expensive place….. . They are nice crisps though.

binners

Jesus! No Gregg’s nearby? You could have had a steak bake and a sausage roll for that!!!

gonetothehills
    Free Member

66p for 12 packs… Hardly at the gourmet end of the crisp spectrum, but they more than fill a hole.

Is there anywhere more expensive than Earls Court?

It’s the ski resort syndrome. You’re trapped. And hungry. It’s an absolute bloody con at places like that.

cliffyc
    Free Member

Cinemas are the same…….,hey Multiplexes I’m talking to you. It’s especially galling when there is a hyperrmarket nearby!. “Large cup of Coke,£2.15” out of a bloody pump!. 4p a shot for the syrup they use. Grrrrr!

leffeboy

There was a cinema here that used to ban you taking your own stuff in as well – never been back. That’s just going too far

cliffyc
    Free Member

Sneaking your own snacks in is part of the modern cinema experience,they hate it .Don’t mark stuff up so much then…

MoreCashThanDash

Just paid 80p for a packet of rather splendid Reggae Reggae crisps out of a snack machine. Worth every penny!

cliffyc
    Free Member

God bless Levi Roots!, I’m in!!

Cougar

I remember smuggling our own munchies into the old Unit 4 as a kid, but I wasn’t aware that some modern cinemas were still trying to stop you from doing it. Gosh.

cliffyc
    Free Member

Tell then you are a Coleiac,show then a bag/food box of random (unwrapped)choccie bars,whatever and a drink in a plain bottle. Possibly looking perplexed i can see them refusing you entry with your “special dietery food”?

miketually
    Free Member

Our record for cinema food-sneaking was two large McChicken sandwich meals.

grum
    Free Member

I was in a local shop the other day and there were bags of crisps for £2.80! Admittedly a large bag of some kind of fancy kettle chips, but it’s still a lot of money for fried potato.

gogg
    Free Member

I was in a local shop the other day and there were bags of crisps for £2.80!

For probably one potato worth of crisps. Then people moan about the price of bike parts…..

But for £2.80 you get a nice bag and a proper warranty, which you wouldn’t with grey import crisps.

cfinnimore
    Free Member

😆

bearnecessities

Bang OT, I was just milling about in the local daylight robbery store Co-op for some Sunday snacks and spotted a normal packet of Monster Munch for 92p.

92p??! It’s in a BD postcode FFS.

CountZero

As it happens, I was in my local today after a walk, ordered a pint, then decided I needed some crisps to go with it.
    As luck would have it they do Real Crisps Jalapeño flavour. Hurrah! Then I discovered they’re £1 a packet. Bugger.
    Still, they’re damn fine crisps, and I was a bit peckish. And they’re cheaper than £1.80 a packet, nearly half-price!
    Ha, cheap as chips, then… 😉

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Packet of crisps….how much?’ is closed to new replies.