• This topic has 44 replies, 18 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by bruk.
Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • Oz Holiday
  • Foxy_Scott
    Free Member

Some impressive suggestions and sights to see thanks

tankslapper
    Free Member

http://www.dunk-island.com/getting-there/

If you get a chance to go to Mission Beach / Dunk Island defo a good call 2.5 hours by car south from Cairns – look out for giant Cassowarys

The local youth hostel does great food!

certainly do the croc trips and meet some of the aboriginals

stumpy01

I’d agree with the comment about the Blue Mountains – we did a trip out to see them and were pretty disappointed with it.

One of the highlights of Sydney for me (and it sounds stupid) was sat in the evening watching the sunset behind the Harbour Bridge while eating fish & chips and sipping a cold beer at the restaurant/bar at the Sydney Opera House.

Botanical Gardens in Sydney are well worth a look if you get the time & try and time it with the sun setting. The path that runs away from the Opera House towards th botanical gardens is a great place to see it from – just past the overhanging rock features for the best viewpoint.

takisawa2

We did Sydney-Uluru-Cairns-Brisbane in 3 weeks, booked via Trailfinders. Was 5yrs ago, before our first child came along. Sydney was a bit boring after 3 days, Bondai etc worth a look, but seemed like a lot of places we were just ticking off the list. Enjoyed Taronga Zoo, good way to spend a morning. Nice ferry ride back across the harbour afterwards. Ciarns was very good. If your up there you’d be mad not to have a trip out to the Barrier Reef. Look up an outfit called Reef-Teach. Its a 2hr presentation by a Marine-Biologist in the evening, well worth the couple of dollars for the tea & biscuits alone. Brisbane was my favourite place. Really loved it there. Gold Coast not worth visiting IMO. The Sunshine Coast up to Noosa is where we’d head if we ever get to go to Oz again. I have family in Brisbane & they head to the Sunshine Coast & Fraser Island for hols.
    Few pics.

bruk

Did a v brief trip a couple of years ago and would def go back to Fraser Island.

Top highlight was Eungella National park to see the Platypus in the wild. (have a great range of nessie like shots as they are most active at dawn and dusk and move blooming quick!)

Would also go back to Barrier reef. We squeezed in a day trip from 1770 (town between Bris and Mackay) to Lady Musgrave Island. Fantastic snorkeling with turtles.

Driving isn’t bad but can take a long time. Do look at interior flights for big distances.

Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘Oz Holiday’ is closed to new replies.