Home Forums Chat Forum OVO Energy for gas and electricity – anyone use them? Any problems?

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • OVO Energy for gas and electricity – anyone use them? Any problems?
  • MoreCashThanDash

So our gas and electricity deal ends at the end of the month, and a quick look on uswitch has produced a range of cheaper options.

Ovo Energy are not the cheapest, but come top of the quoted customer satisfaction survey, which is potentially worth the £1 a month difference over the big players.

They also offer 3% interest on account balances that are in credit, which makes me wonder if we could overpay and use it to get better interest than we do at the bank.

Which sounds so good I feel I must have missed something blindingly obvious?

curvature
    Free Member

I have been a customer of OVO since the end of March last year. They have been faultless in their customer service.

I left nPower to join OVO and I am still sorting out the problems caused by nPower.

When I first switched the Gas meter reading that nPower gave OVO was too high therefore every time I gave OVO a reading they thought my meter was going backwards. Whilst this was sorted OVO stopped taking money for the gas and only charged me for electricity.

In December I discovered that when nPower changed my meter they didn’t change the national register to shower that my meter was now metric and not imperial units. The end result is that my gas consumption has been multiplied by a factor of 2.83 which was rather alarming when I discovered this in Dec/Jan.

Whilst this may take 15 weeks to sort out OVO are again not taking any payments for gas.

They are very good to deal with and when you call them you do actually speak to someone in Bristol.

curvature
    Free Member

Oh and whilst the gas is in dispute they have promised that they will repay me all of the money that has been incorrectly paid and give me the 3% interest that would of been accumulating whilst I should have been in credit.

Suggsey
    Free Member

I’ve been with ovo since August last year, absolutely no complaints and 3% interest on your balance!

sc-xc

They are fantastic, we have been with them for 2 years.

Recently got smart meters which makes everything clearer…the app is great. Also, if you have overpaid (we regularly do as it keeps getting cheaper) they pay you 3% on your balance.

Asa babe, customer service is brilliant…you get the feeling they actually care.

paulwf

We are with them, no problems so far.

I hadn’t realised the credit balance part – no wonder the last time I logged on it recommended I reduced my DD

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Been with them 2-3 years, they provide us gas and electric

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

Newbies here on month 2. Was a painless switch from Eon and hope to be £20 a month better off over time in comparison to where we were.

northernmatt

We use them at work across three different sites, been using them nearly 4 years with no problems.

giantjason
    Free Member

Been with them for 3 months after moving from British Gas. Seamless transition and they have been excellent so far.

zippykona

No problems at all.
    I gave them my in laws figures as ours and vice versa. They managed to sort it out and it was all my cock up.

nuke

Yep, joined them last year and so far, so good. I like the app for giving meter readings and being able to see balance/comparison/etc. We initially were paying £118 a month for gas & electric but then got a letter saying theyd reviewed the amount…was expecting a price increase but it was actually to reduce it down to £101

houndlegs
    Free Member

Glad to hear all these positive reviews on here. We switched to them last week, so just starting the process.

Rockplough
    Free Member

Yeah they’re great. A breath of fresh air after our (ongoing) nightmare with Scottish Power.

Mugboo

That’s gotta be a record. 12 different people agreeing!

13 now, Ovo have be great, 2 years now.

keng38
    Free Member

Make that 14. Although they get a bit shirty when your credit is into 4 figures.

totalshell

my sister and brother in law work for them.. and for that reason alone I m out.

prettygreenparrot

Was with Ovo for gas & electricity. Service was good. Ova folks contactable and helpful. Communication concise and useful. Better than nPower and Scottish in those respects. Moved to a cheaper deal to Coop. Service not as good so far. But cheaper.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

How much cheaper is the co op?

We are currently £500 in credit with ovo, but in reality 3% on that is bugger all… £15. I bet I could save that by moving.

Gaz.dick
    Free Member

All – you can add me to the positives.

switched with no issues. regularly found myself in credit – can easily arrange a refund of any money if required online.

All meter readings are easy to upload – real friendly feel.

daveh
    Free Member

I was a regular switcher, Scottish Power, EOn, EDF (not nPower though, they made it onto my never again list a decade ago), basically whoever was cheapest. Ovo are so much better than the others that it’d have to be a spectacular deal to get me to switch away, I’d rather pay a bit extra to a decent company. They deserve to do well and grow, I just hope they can grow in a manner that doesn’t compromise their ideals/service.

ElectricWorry
    Free Member

I’ll add to the praise.

Been with them for the last 2 properties (2 years). I moved from a place with tank gas and they transferred the balance remaining on my electricity.

They forgot to increase the DD to cover the fact that I am now getting gas through them as well so I am currently sat £400 O/D on the account after this only just came to light from when I moved in October.

Incredibly helpful lad on the phone said don’t worry, just adjust the DD to an amount you can afford monthly and that should slowly decrease over the course of the summer. We won’t hit you with a bill for the £400 of gas you have used.

Didn’t really matter as I’m used to forking out for a tank refill in one hit but I thought that it was a nice way to do business.

Their communication and web service are excellent.

MoreCashThanDash

Well that the most overwhelming endorsement I’ve ever seen on here!

Cheers all.

nemesis
    Free Member

Can I just say that I’ve been with them four months and they’ve been awful…

timba
    Free Member

If you’re considering a switch Money Saving Expert has an offer that closes at 10pm tonight. It was worth switching for us, our provider isn’t Ovo so can’t help with your original query

nemesis
    Free Member

…oh hold on, no, I meant they’ve been great in that I’ve basically switched and had absolutely no problems and their website, etc are easy to use.

Unlike Eon a few years back who I switched to and then charged me almost £1k because they misunderstood my meter reading (it was near 99999, they used an estimate instead of the reading I provided) and took three months to refund me…

stever
    Free Member

Just signed up and mid-switch – been great so far. It took Scottish Power 5 months to handle a simple tariff switch with countless requests and escalations. See yer!

jerseychaz

And another delighted customer here! Absolutely painless to deal with since we moved from BG about 3 years ago. Just waiting for the smart meter install (although we have one from the BG days!)

keng38
    Free Member

And if you switch using quidco you get cash back as well

brassneck

I do for leccy as thats all I get. Decent customer service, good pricing, can’t ask for much more than that from a utility really.

rajboab
    Free Member

I’ve been with them for 10 months. Raised a dispute with them over a too high figure being used when I switched from Scottish Power. Getting £240 back from SP!

Agree with a the above. You can tweak the amount you pay online. You can easily request a refund online if you have a credit. App is simple to use – give monthly meter readings via it. I’ve only ever talked to them over E-Mail. It’s fuss free.

Recommended!

Blazin-saddles

Add me to the list of happy customers too! Switched over a year ago and halved our monthly DD amount from N Power.

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘OVO Energy for gas and electricity – anyone use them? Any problems?’ is closed to new replies.