Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • Overnight dilema – sleep in car?
  • crankboy
    Free Member

Trail rat you can but have the statutory defence of ” no likelyhood of driving while opl ” as does the car camper. The police can lay the charge prove you in charge and opl you just give evidence of when you next planned to drive and a forward calculation of your alcahol level at that point in time . Real world officers are unlikely to charge unless you are in the drivers seat keys in ignition or walking pissed to your car away from home.

theotherjonv

Does it matter if you’re on private land as opposed to parked up on a road?

trail_rat
    Free Member

Exactly.

Its mighty difficult to drive from the backseat unless your 6ft 7 and the drivers seats been removed hence I don’t think his mates giving him the whole story.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Does it matter if you’re on private land as opposed to parked up on a road?

AFAIK it was the ability to, gates closed on private land fine, car park etc not. Though I’m guessing a bit of it has to do with how long they had been watching you and if it looked like you tried to pretend sleeping rather than driving.

RobHilton
    Free Member

I’ve heard that about sleeping int he car when pissed. I don’t doubt it but how does sleeping in a camper van any different?

The advice is to lock the campervan keys in a box in the van – obvs. this proves nothing, but demonstrates aforethought and means you don’t have the keys “on you”.

I know someone who lost his licence pushing a scooter along whilst pissed that had been vandalised & wouldn’t even start.

Cougar

Sounds like a yarn spun to hide he fact he was actually in the drivers seat with the heating on becaus the was cold or so the radio could be on..

Could be. It was years ago (mid 90’s) and I’ve no way of verifying his story. He could’ve been could driving for all I know. I’ve heard a couple of similar tales over the years but the same applies really.

tillydog
    Free Member

Sounds like a yarn spun to hide he fact he was actually in the drivers seat with the heating on becaus the was cold or so the radio could be on……

My brother was done for ‘drunk in charge’ when he was in a sleeping bag on the back seat with the keys in his pocket. (Would have been late ’80s or very early ’90s)

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘Overnight dilema – sleep in car?’ is closed to new replies.