Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • outlook experts?
  • creamegg
    Free Member

My work outlook is setup with the bottom reading pane layout, which is fine. So I have a list of email on top, and the actual email displayed below. In the middle, and taking up about a quarter to a third of my screen is the senders picture (or not in most cases), email address and subject.

Is there a way of reducing the space this takes up on screen so I can maximise the list of email or the actual message?

wwaswas

the line between the email and the picture bit.

hover over it until you get a double ended arrow.

click and drag down.

creamegg
    Free Member

No I don’t mean that. I can move it up and down but I want to reduce the size of it to avoid having to drag it up and down

wwaswas

if I drag the line on mine to the bottom of the outlook window it’s tiny?

Having said that View Tab at the top/People Pane/Off

gets rid of it.

creamegg
    Free Member

Ive got the people tab off too.

I need to post a screen shot up to explain I think but cant do that so ill have to try and explain again.

Ok so I’ve received an email from Joe Bloggs and using the bottom reading pane layout I can see his email on the bottom of the screen. Theres scroll bars on the right so I can scroll up and down his email. At the top of his email are his contact email address, email subject line and a space for a picture. At the top of this is the line that when you hover over you can drag up and down.

But what I want to do is reduce the size of the contact email, profile picture and subject banner as it currently takes up too much space on my meagre 19inch monitor.

buck53

But what I want to do is reduce the size of the contact email, profile picture and subject banner as it currently takes up too much space on my meagre 19inch monitor.

Increase size of preview pane or increase screen resolution so that the contact info takes up relatively less space.

No longer use Outlook at work for e-mails, so I have nothing further of use to add (arguably nothing at all). 😕

creamegg
    Free Member

yeah that got rid of the unwanted profile picture box but now the text for email address and subject line has moved across so still takes up just as much space on screen.

wwaswas

bigger monitor then 😉

creamegg
    Free Member

might just come to that.

jamiep
    Free Member

The area with the sender’s and recipient’s address and subject is a fixed height.

An option for more room would be to change the Reading Pane from bottom to right(?)

creamegg
    Free Member

I prefer the bottom layout to right, just cant understand why its fixed, it doesn’t need to be anywhere as big

jamiep
    Free Member

View tab > Change view (top left) > select single

this might buy a few more pixels

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘outlook experts?’ is closed to new replies.