• This topic has 29 replies, 19 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by Tim.
Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Ouch- how many fallers in the womens downhill?
  • hora
    Free Member

FACK 🙁

dropoff

WTF is happening !

xherbivorex
    Free Member

it's been pretty bonkers, hasn't it?

cyclistm
    Free Member

Can't work out if she meant to jump so high or not

grahamt1980

How bloody far did Paerson fly???? Madness they reckon 60m on the coverage

Gary_C

Blimey…60metre jump!!! 😯

dropoff

Why aren't they stretchering them off ?

hora
    Free Member

Is the course surface changing as the comp goes on?

IanMunro
    Free Member

Women – Know your limits.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Ouch. Really OUCH!

On another note, seeing La Vonn looking on it quite something. She seems genuinely upset/concerned when the other girls are going down.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Maybe that one who fell over out of the start shed wasn't so daft after all.

(Daft relative to the rest obviously, it's further than I'd have got).

hora
    Free Member

[sexist comments deleted – Mod]

verbal_kint
    Free Member

reminds me of this jump ouch

thegreatape
    Free Member

Never mind

Gary_C

Claire Baldings favourite event so far methinks…. 😉

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

It's absolutely bonkers!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Looks as if the course is harder than the men's DH!

What a day to ski, though, I am very jealous…would love to be out there in those conditions!

rOcKeTdOg

blimey, i cringed when she hit the floor, walked away from it though, double hard lady!

hora
    Free Member

I remember the last Olympics when one of the male DH racers was actually knocked out/helmet came off and he slid down slowly on his back. 😯

foureyes
    Free Member

me likes the skin suits (rubs legs)

rOcKeTdOg

UCI should make them wear baggy race suits

CountZero

Was just watching some of it. The lass who slid to a halt on her bum was really miffed, but I loved that slide she did. If any of them need help rubbing ointment into their bruises I'll be glad to help. Fit girls in tight Lycra: a winning combo in my book.

brakes
    Free Member

I can't comprehend the speed they go at
    is there anything faster?
    it makes the boardercross course look tame

nbt

cyclistm – Member

Can't work out if she meant to jump so high or not

No, she was over the back of her skis and fighting to get her weight forward, unfortunately managed it at exactly the wrong moment

hora – Member

I remember the last Olympics when one of the male DH racers was actually knocked out/helmet came off and he slid down slowly on his back.

That wasn't the olympics, that was Scott Macartney on the Hahnenkahm in 2008

hora
    Free Member

Ah yes. I won't link to it (its on Youtube). Not nice. Just shows the risk that they face.

reggiegasket
    Free Member

they should set them off 4 at a time though

the snowboard cross just shows how much more exciting the racing is

whoever thought timetrialling was the best way to televise skiing was just plain wrong.

hora
    Free Member

Different kind of racing though. almost 4x to DH mountain biking isnt it?

nbt

reggiegasket – Member

they should set them off 4 at a time though

the snowboard cross just shows how much more exciting the racing is

whoever thought timetrialling was the best way to televise skiing was just plain wrong.

Different skills, innit, like DH vs 4x MTB (as hora says, for one rightly!). Men's Skiiercross is on saturday, women's on Tuesday, by the way.

NZCol

I did giggle when they showed the Forerunner (they send a few peeps down before the race to race in the line) bail and ski the worst lines I have ever seen. FFS not good, puts you off you see if there is a line that you can see thats not right. I foreran a few FIS races and you get in trouble for going off course which I did spectacularly !

When i worked at Mt Hutt we used to do the race prep for ze austrians who trained from 6am when it was bulletproof. They used to do jump training and would regularly cover 70-90m in the air distance wise. Not high really but just hitting it incredibly fast 80-90kmh. I once cleared something we know was 70m long. You could tell, there was a big brown trail behind me 😀 It takes a lot of strength to do DH well, mental and physical. You also do have to be slightly unhinged I always reckoned because once it starts to unwind you're fckd.

Tim
    Free Member

Having real problems with the surface apparently?

Did seem quite bad that the last few competitors had effectively no chance as the light was going and the surface wrecked…

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘Ouch- how many fallers in the womens downhill?’ is closed to new replies.