• This topic has 6 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by IA.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • OT: Can a smart phone do this?
  • the00
    Free Member

I quite like the idea of a smart phone, but I wonder if that with any of the available docking stations and apps it were possible to link a smart phone to a tv / monitor, a keyboard and a mouse?

It’d be quite nice to use a smart phone to sometimes brouse the internet on a proper sized screen, and not have to write emails on a touch screen.

RealMan
    Free Member

Don’t you have a computer?

clubber
    Free Member

You can get keyboards for lots of them and plenty have the ability to do TV out but it’s low resolution mainly so more for watching videos than for using as a computer.

iDave
    Free Member

I use remotedroid which allows the phone screen to be the mousepad and buttons. I say I use it, I don’t. I have it, it works, but not found a useful use for it.

ventana_craig
    Free Member

There is a new motorola the atrix or somthing that has been designed to replace your laptop via a docking station.
    Atrix

mountaincarrot
    Free Member

Nokia N8 Smartphones have HDMI output so can connect to pretty much any TV. Nokia C7 has composite video output, so will connect to a monitor which has composite vid input (many do have). I have seen a C7 playing a film and it was very good. I guess HDMI would be excellent. I guess BT keyboards would work.
    Mice I suspect not though, you’ll need to look into that.

IA

BT keyboards and mice work with any symbina^3 nokia (so that’s N8, C6-01, C7 and E7 thus far).

Here’s a demo:

http://thehandheldblog.com/2010/09/18/demo-how-to-connect-a-bluetooth-mouse-keyboard-to-the-nokia-n8/

Plus there’s the atrix as above, which is a bit more designed for it. I forget off the top of my head if the atrix is GSM or not though, it may not make it to the UK.

TBH although I have all the kit to do the above, I never have. But then I have an ipad to bash out longer emails on when i’m travelling.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘OT: Can a smart phone do this?’ is closed to new replies.