Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Ortlieb Seat-Pack QR: best saddlebag ever?
  • Ben_Haworth

The new Ortlieb Seat-Pack QR is a waterproof saddle bag with ingenious quick-release mounting. Just what you need for a bit of bikepacking.

By ben_haworth

Get the full story on our front page at:

https://singletrackworld.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/04/ortlieb-seat-pack-qr-best-saddlebag-ever/

Support us and help us keep the content flowing by becoming a full member.

mashr

Still more of a fan of a holster setup. Means you can leave the manky part attached to the bike but quickly remove the clean bit with your kit in it. Next morning just slot the dry bag back in and off you go

kaiser
    Free Member

Not at £150 if you’re on minimum wage !

Houns

What happens if the fixture breaks in the middle of nowhere? Not being negative on purpose, these things happen, can’t tell if there’s a way you can use the existing straps around the rails if ever needed.

scotroutes

My experience of Ortlieb stuff is that it would survive a nuclear blast but I guess the normal rules apply – make sure you’ve a couple of straps with you to make a temporary repair.

I like the notion of a QR pack. The Revelate system seems good but needs the saddle part bolted on and therefore isn’t so convenient if using more than one bike for bikepacking. This Ortlieb system gets around that.

I still reckon the holster/bag idea is the best though.

boblo
    Free Member

Holster bag? You know you can put a dry bag in a normal seat pack don’t you? Same upside and opens up the options…

Bruce

You can also just strap a dry bag on a rack.

thegeneralist
    Free Member

You can also just strap a dry bag on a rack

But then you wouldn’t be bikepacking, you’d just be touring 😁

Which is nowhere near as cool

Bruce

I’m not cool 🤪

scotroutes

That reminds me. I still have a “a potted history of my bikepacking” thing to write :-)

mashr

Premier Icon
    boblo
    Free Member

Holster bag? You know you can put a dry bag in a normal seat pack don’t you? Same upside and opens up the options…

Double bagging seems OTT when the answer always involves a dry bag anyway

iainc

I have today ordered one, I then realised that I also have the 11 litre non QR one, in the cupboard, totally unused…. DOH :) anyone want the non QR one ?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Ortlieb Seat-Pack QR: best saddlebag ever?’ is closed to new replies.