Viewing 5 posts - 321 through 325 (of 325 total)
  • Orlando shootings, 20 shot
  • GrahamS

Ignore the Trump title and spend 4 minutes listening to the young woman who was in the club. If you don’t have 4 mins jump to 3:25

She wishes she’d had her gun license.

Pretty natural reaction after feeling helpless in an awful situation I suspect. Replaying it, imagining how it might have happened differently.

But how many nightclubs actually allow people to carry guns on their premises? And are nightclubs full of drunk/high people with guns really safer overall?

Note she also wishes for gun control. But knowing that won’t come she wants a gun because “no where is safe” 🙁

batfink
    Free Member

It seems like large section of US society cannot understand that: more guns in circulation = bad. Instead they are focusing on the “well, as long as I’ve got my gun, then I’ll be safe” fallacy.

All of the arguments have become so distorted (with idiot republicans lapping them up) that they can’t even pass simple laws to prevent people from buying guns at car-boot-sales without any sort of background check. Seriously… who is voting against that?

Unfortunately, I think this just comes down to: Americans really like guns. How much do they like them? Enough to be prepared to accept over 13,000 gun deaths, and 27,000 gun injuries (excl suicides) in 2015 alone.

I really, really like these:

but at the point they start killing people, I will probably accept that they should be banned.

slowoldman

She wishes she’d had her gun license.

What kind of dance club would allow weapons on the dancefloor?

Oh wait.

jimjam
    Free Member

I was reading an article this morning that said investigators believe some of the deaths may have been caused by friendly fire, presumably they’ve found bullets of differing calibres to what the shooter carried.

It didn’t clarify whether this was from club goers, club security, the off duty cop who engaged with him, or the police who ended the stand off.

BoardinBob
Viewing 5 posts - 321 through 325 (of 325 total)

The topic ‘Orlando shootings, 20 shot’ is closed to new replies.