Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • orange mr o INFO NEEDED
  • watsontony
    Free Member

hi im thinking of swapping my bike for a orange mr0. just wondering if anyone could tell me anything about them. and does anyone know what year this one is. and how much it is worth? any info about them what so ever

mattbee

Was early 2000s, friend had one in ’01 with Monster Ts on it, huge heavy beast of a bike. Quite early in Orange’s history of full suspension, not sure how the geometry would stack up against a modern bike.

bentudder

Depends what you’re chopping in, but it’s a heavy beast of a DH bike – don’t expect it to go well anywhere other than downwards. They had a fair old chunk of travel for their day, but very much superceded now.

watsontony
    Free Member

so would be okay for someone wanting to give dh a go on low budget?

watsontony
    Free Member

legend
    Free Member

so would be okay for someone wanting to give dh a go on low budget?

Yeah should be. Had a habit of cracking where the seat tower joined the downtube, so have a good look around there. What shock is that one running? Early ones had Fox but loads had a Shockworks unit – which was shit

watsontony
    Free Member

this one has a fox rear shock. http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/8239591/ would someone be able to take a look at this pic and try seeing what year it is as i cant find this one on google images.

legend
    Free Member

Well this one is apparently a 2000:

Which means yours is a ’99 or earlier (no extra top tube)

tomhoward

They were made in 99 and 00 (according to the Orange website). That one looks to have been resprayed at some point too.

legend
    Free Member

Huh, I thought they had been produced for 3 years – apparently not. The one above is a retrobike project, definitely re-coated

watsontony
    Free Member

great thanks a lot guys. may give me a nice refurb over time when i get it. really dont like the coulor that guy choose tho. but first will be a new rear shock. one with external res. (As long as the frame allows full travel with a dhx5.0 res

watsontony
    Free Member

how do i get into oranges archive cant find this bike on website. thanks

simonlovell999
    Free Member

watsontony – I got a nice shock that be could be ideal, whats the i2i. I got a manitou swinger 190mm i2i which is been custom shimmed stacked with the spv removed. 400lb spring, shock and spring suited to 12-15st rider, email in profile

legend
    Free Member

Wouldn’t rush to change the shock. Vanilla Rs were/are cracking bits of kit

watsontony
    Free Member

yea i think i will have to ride it first and then see what needs upgrading. i want shivers on it tho 🙂 anyone got any of them. i just love the way thay look and ment to be bombproof. or are the drop offs better?

legend
    Free Member

Monsters > Shivers >>>>>>>>>> Drop Offs 😉

watsontony
    Free Member

so monsyers are the way to go? drop offs are shit??

tomhoward

On oranges site, go to faqs about seatpost size/bb width or something, there’s a table there of every model they’ve made, gives all the measurements like seat tube, i2i etc

tomhoward

I’ve got some 04/05 boxxers and direct mount stem for sale if you’re interested? £140? Mail in profile.

watsontony
    Free Member

im intrested in the forks tom but could you e-mail me some pics please watson_tony@hotmail.co.uk and if anyone else has some forks (pre 2006 ish) and at good prices feel free to send some pics aswell

tomhoward

Will do, am at work now but will send you some when I get home.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘orange mr o INFO NEEDED’ is closed to new replies.