Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • orange five 17 inch
  • mah05
    Free Member

Has any got a 17 inch five? Got any pics and what size u are. iam 5.7 and had a 16 a while back but was thinkin a 17 may b better. Cant find 1 2 try so afta peoples thoughts

downs523
    Free Member

In same position I’m 5ft 8 and can’t decide to get a 16 or 17″ orange five. What didn’t you like about your 16″?

wheeleeneelee
    Free Member

I have one and I’m 5’11”. I had a 16″ before which was just a bit small for long rides and the 18″ felt too long but the 17″ is spot on. Where are you based? – I think The Hub at Glentress have a demo 17″

mah05
    Free Member

I liked it but u did have 2 have seatpost quite high 4 good pedaling position. Just found a santa cruz heckler or a blur a better fit. Which I think a 17 would b same. If u do really tech desents I would say a 16. But maybe a 17 would b a better allrounder

mah05
    Free Member

Based in bristol mate

wheeleeneelee
    Free Member

I used to have lots of seat post showing on my 16″ too. I know someone else who was inbetween sizes with a 16/18 Five and found the Santa Cruzes a better fit. He’s now got a 17″ Five and finds it perfect.

wheeleeneelee
    Free Member
    mah05
    Free Member

Nice bike. Not sure which is best it looks quite big compared 2 a 16. Maybe at 5.7 should stick 2 a 16. How tall was the person u said got a 17 now?

wheeleeneelee
    Free Member

Other bloke is maybe a couple of inches shorter than me – 5’9ish.

I tried lots of combinations of Five frames – 16/18 , forks 32/36 and stems 50/70mm – all made a difference. I dont think you’ll go wrong with either a 16″ or 17″.

nmdbase
    Free Member

18″ and 17″ have the same top tube length, at 5’7 a 16″ would be right me thinks

jp
    Free Member

I’ve got a 17″ Five Pro. 5’7″ with a 29 – 30″ inside leg and it’s a perfect fit. Nearly changed my order to a 16″ at the last minute after reading lots of posts on here about 6′ something’s riding 16″ Fives. So glad I didn’t. Fit a reverb too and you’ll really get the most out of it.

nickegg
    Free Member

Hi mah05,

We (Bike Bristol in Clifton) have a brand new 17″ Five Pro as our shop demo if you want a test ride. Give us a call or pop in.

Cheers,

Nick.

mah05
    Free Member

Hi nick. I will giv u a call in the week iam only 40 mins away. Cheers 4 that.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘orange five 17 inch’ is closed to new replies.