Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Orange 5 Offset Bushings?
  • pbooker1995
    Free Member

I have an Orange 5 with 160mm 36’s on. Im in need of 2 new reducers for the rear shock. Ive been looking and have seen things about offset bushings.

What do they do?
    Has anyone done it?
    Has it improved the ride?

Any advice helpful.

Cheers

goodgrief
    Free Member

I lowered my 36’s to 150 and fitted one offset bush to the rear end of the shock.
    Over-all the head angle is steeper but the bottom bracket is lower so it’s agile, playful, rips corners, climbs better and as a nice side effect the bush is a good sliding fit so there’s much less stiction and I had to up the shock pressure a fair bit to regain the sag measurement.
    I’ve also fitted a small volume reducer to the shock which helped reduce the trap-door feeling. I ride with PP on 2 all the time so in reality I could probably do with a firmer tune!

Jeffus
    Free Member

Slacker and lower run them on my 5 now on my Butcher

zerocool

It’ll lower the BB and slacken the Head Angle which will make it ride more like an Alpine 160.
    On a slight tangent, has anyone fitted offset shock bushings to a Meta 5 and how does it ride? Looking to slacken out the GF’s bike to make it handle a little more like her DH bike.

duir
    Free Member

As stated above the bushings lower your BB and slacken the head angle. If you are into that kind of setup it will make your bike feel amazing through corners and on really steep stuff. On your 5 you could run up to 2 bushings and as such you could really alter your setup. For me offset bushings turn the modern do it all full susser into the bike they should be rather than what the manufacturers give us.

I used a Burgtec bushing for a while which was very well made and titanium but seemed to eat shock bushings and made a horrible creaking noise. I changed it for a TF Tuned made one (I can only use 1 on my type of pivot) and the noises have gone away as have the poor bushing life.

A brilliant way to change a bike out of all recognition for £50ish

goodgrief
    Free Member

I used these guys and pressed in a poly shock bush at the same time. They were faultless and so are the bushes in a simple way.
    http://www.offsetbushings.com/

tops5
    Free Member

Slight hijack – I have a set of these lying around for my Covert, anyone done it? Worried it will go wandery on climbs (160 floats and 65mm stem/medium frame)

tops5
    Free Member

Anyone?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Orange 5 Offset Bushings?’ is closed to new replies.