Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Orange 5 demo (Peak District)
  • hoochylala
    Free Member

Looking at doing an about turn on a hardtail build I have everything for and picking up a full sus frame instead! Interested in the 5 as all my bits and bobs would fit right away and always seems to get favourable reviews.

Does anyone know who offers orange 5 demos in the Peak District? At 5ft7 and 33″ inside leg I would appear to between the sizes 16″ and 18″, so somewhere that maybe able to accommodate both sizes would be great.

Anyone else my height and ride a 5? what size you got?

Cheers 🙂

sambob
    Free Member

North West Mountain bike (based in Cheadle) have a demo day at Roman lakes sometimes, but they might have a demo bike you could take out? Email or call them.

Deveron53
    Free Member

Last time I checked, JE James at Sheffield had one available for demo. Not sure what security they need etc. It’s a foul colour tho! You’d show up on radar!

lee-bee
    Free Member

Hi mate I am 5 11″ and I ride the 18″, Its fine for me with about 7-8″ of post sticking out. I think you may need the 16″. Deffo best to try!!

coatesy
    Free Member

Orange have their own demo fleet, so any dealer should be able to get something suitable, even if they haven’t got one of their own.Only problem is the waiting list can sometimes be a few weeks.

hoochylala
    Free Member

Cheers guys, looks like I best have a ring around. Think your right with the 16″ lee bee.

Need to hurry up and get a demo somewhere – have all the kit (Hope Pro 2 on Flows, SLX 10spd Groupset, Oro K24s, Tapered 150mm Revs, Easton Haven Bars, Syncros stem) sat here ready to go on something! 😆

sparkingchains
    Free Member

Defo 16″ I reckon

hoochylala
    Free Member

So, been struggling to find a 16″ readily available for demo (orange confirmed this is what I should be looking at), seems to be a bit of a wait annoyingly. In the mean time, thought I might compare geometry to a bike I know I liked and have ridden.

Anyone ridden at 2011 Zezty 514 in M (46cm) and a 2011 Orange 5 (16″)? Bit of a long shot I know!

Reading the figures on geometry, the two don’t seem too different, but then I don’t really know what im looking for – every bikes needs to be slightly different right?! 🙄

Shepdon
    Free Member

Hi hoochylala,
    my father is 5ft7 and is 30″inside leg and has a 16″ Orange 5. He has now changed to a Blur Lt2 so is selling his Orange 5 frame if your interested. It’s a 2008 with hope headset, fox rp23 shox and seat clamp & XT front mech, the bike has the been used but not abused (He is 55) so does have some scuffs and marks as to be expected, colour is chrome grey and he is looking for £600 ovno. Bought from Skyline cycles.
    It is now on ebay
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ORANGE-5-MOUNTAIN-BIKE-FRAME-/230615431971?pt=UK_sportsleisure_cycling_bikeparts_SR&hash=item35b1c03b23#ht_500wt_1156

scuttler

http://www.orangebikes.co.uk/dealers/ has a list of dealers and their demo stock. Would recommend a 16 for size. I think Orange can send a demo bike to your chosen dealer if the dealer themselves don’t have one.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Orange 5 demo (Peak District)’ is closed to new replies.