Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Orange 5 chain stay protector??? Any ideas???
  • wordy1979
    Free Member

i have a orange 5 just wondering has anyone got any ideas on what to use for chain stay protection? i thought orange might have had something but nothing as yet:(

accu
    Free Member

bought one of these…think it was size Xl…works perfect !!

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=18092

wordy1979
    Free Member

accu – have u any pics?

kurt
    Free Member

Go to b and q and get some velcro with self adhesive on. They sell it by the meter with the chain and stuff.

wordy1979
    Free Member

just been looking at bike tart website, they do a product called frame wrap. Just worried might look pants. I wish orange made some protectors, i bet they could make a small fortune.

carlosg
    Free Member

Not pretty but an old innertube wrapped around the swingarm and secured with cable ties.
    or some Pace carbon armour ?
    http://www.wiggle.co.uk/pace-carbon-armour-a4-sheet/

oxym0r0n

Friends have old inner tubes slipped over the stay, cut into a section, so does not need “wrapping and cable ties”.

iainc

wordy – I have a spare one of those endura ones that accu posted up – used it one ride, so as new £3 posted

(that said, I have Heli tape on mine and it’s fine without a protector)

scud
    Free Member

I really like the frame wrap from Biketart, it doesn’t trap dirt behind it like a neoprene protector and i found trying to use an old inner tube is good, but ended up using loads of cable ties, the wrap is self adhesive and looks alright i think

Orange-Crush
    Free Member

I would suggest some thin rubber (motorccycle inner tube) cut to shape and stuck on invisibly with silicon seal

accu
    Free Member

no pictures right now…
    but it works fine..
    had a cut-out section of an old maxxis tyre before, with zip ties..as on my other bikes…but finally couldn`t resist to have a “nice” solution on my 5..

Onzadog
    Free Member

How about popping to screwfix and getting some self amalgamating tape. Similar to frame wrap but cheaper.

joolsburger
    Free Member

This stuck to the bottom of the stay, it’s what I use on my Joker works well.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=25199

TheGingerOne

As oxym0r0n says, slipped a section of innertube over the end of the swingarm:

iainc

just keep it in the big ring and it’ll be fine 😛

DaveE

Use clear plastic like fablon and after 3 years swingarm looks like new. Think Spd’s help.

carbon337
    Free Member

I got a White rubber bath seal. The type that sits at 90 deg against a bath and tiles. Cut down the middle long ways and put a strip on inside of the swingarm and along bottom of the arm.

Had Velcro but it kept coming off and the lizard skin/ innertubes look ugly on a White frame.

Don’t bother with anything for heel protection just got new 2011 swingarm graphics when they rub down.

elaineanne
    Free Member

keep it in the big ring ? hahhha wot if you dont have a big ring anymore lol.
    that black/grey rubber protector wud look hideous on my apple green bike-yuk…..

fattatlasses
    Free Member

I’ve used a double layer of clear ‘copter tape – because I didn’t want to cover up the loverrly white paint 🙄 Got the tape from JustRidingAlong. Quite expensive, but have been impressed with its performance on previous bike.

Here she is, in all her white glory……sorry, just can’t help it 😀

gearsrgood

Inner tube

bikerjim
    Free Member

Like Kurt says,the best thing is soft velcro, the loop. I use 1″1/4 stick it so it wraps up the inside and you can’t see it. It also dampens down the noise.

foxyrider
    Free Member

+1 for inner tubing – free (if you have trashed tubes) just stick it together with some evostick (not to the frame):)

Jeffus
    Free Member

I have a lizard skin one, fit great

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Orange 5 chain stay protector??? Any ideas???’ is closed to new replies.