Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Options to Endura Hummvee
  • rascal
    Free Member

Looking at getting some new baggies.
    Madison Zenith look pretty good…any recommendations?

stewartc
    Free Member

Loving my Madison Roam and Trail shorts with the later being close for storage.

z1ppy

Dakine 8 Track for me, durable water resistant material, long enough to cover my knees, though a little baggy round the knee (no option to tighten them) but I wear pads, so that doesn’t matter to me.
    A recommendation from here, pointed me towards them

rascal
    Free Member

Just sold 3/4 Hummvees as I found them a bit long.
    Tried non-3/4 version and they feel much better – want to know what good options are before I pull the trigger.
    Notice the Zenith’s have no adjustment on the bottom of the legs like the Hummvees – not sure it’s that much of a problem though. What are you guys wearing and recommending? Surely more than 2 others are wearing trail shorts? 😉

xyeti
    Free Member

I’ve had 3/4 Hummers and didn’t really like them, Short hummers are fine though and i wear these a lot in the summer, My Go-to Riding wear this winter has been 3/4 Singletrack shorts,
    They are more robust that the Hummers, Stitching is that good the material is wearing out on the arse of my Singletrack 1’s which ive been wearing on and off since 2010. the 2’s are fairly new, Bought last Autumn.

I bought some HOWIES 3/4 bibs and a pair of longs a few weeks ago for £25 a pair reduced, Bloody glad i did as its been freezing since. I wear the longs under the Singletracks, Not plucked up the courage to venture out in the 3/4’s yet but i,m thinking i might pop my Lycra cherry for stage 2 of the TDY……..
    😳

scotroutes

Photos so we can all point and laugh? 😆

xyeti
    Free Member

You are joking,,,,,,,, 😮 They are toight, i can see the benefits, the longs which are essentially the same have made my BROOKS saddle a bit more bearable, and have hlped keep the chill off. Been out riding all winter which has been wet but not cold. Its dry now but bloody cold so these under the Singletracks are great, The 3/4 bibs under 3/4 singletracks might look odd.

Not as odd as riding a stage on a X bike witha camelbak and peaking helmet 😉

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Another fan of 8 tracks. Got three pairs, the oldest must about 8 years old, maybe older, loads of life left. The ones I got last year have changed a bit, lighter weight but longer and baggier, I prefer the first pair but the newest ones are a better fit with knee pads.

stayhigh

I found my Humvees to be pretty hard wearing until the stiching in the seat area got caught on the nose of my saddle and ripped the whole area open 😳

I have always thought they were a little short and always had an area of exposed skin between them and my knee pads. Same with my Singletracks too so maybe its an Endura thing?

Would be nice to find a pair of shorts that doesnt do this though.

rascal
    Free Member

Looking around the Hummvees take some beating VFM wise as they come with a pretty decent liner for less than most others without. Anyone tried One Industries Ion?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Options to Endura Hummvee’ is closed to new replies.