Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Ooof! £37K gone in 3 miles
  • Harry_the_Spider

I was talking to a recovery truck driver earlier who had one of these on the back with its front smashed in.

The poor guy that owned it had picked it up from the docks today and stuffed it within 3 miles.

Ooof.

RustySpanner

Did it see a corner and panic?

If he had to have something loud, offensive, ugly and American he should have just bought a Ruby Wax DVD. 🙂

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

I once had a petrol station & a customer of mine had a recovery business. He came in one day with a vintage Rolls Royce on his truck (Silver Ghost I think). It had been on a trailer towed by it’s owner who’d just picked it up from some firm in Cambridge that had restored it to it’s original glory, he’d been towing it with a Discovery but the tail had wagged the dog & it flipped.
    My man was on his way back to Cambridge with it.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

If that’s a stingray then RS is talking out of his poopy hole 😀

nealglover
    Free Member

If that’s a stingray then RS is talking out of his poopy hole

It is, and he is. 🙂

Harry_the_Spider

The thing was destroyed up to the front wheels.

joat

That windscreen is delicious on its own.

RustySpanner

Nah, it’s a pre 63 Corvette.
    Think of a TVR designed and built by Fred Flintstone. 🙂

Stingrays were the later ones:

They’re all beautiful, to be honest.
    It’s horrible to think of one being destroyed.

CountZero

Rusty spanner has no clue whatsoever. It’s not a Stingray, it’s a Corvette, dating from around 1953 to ’62. Not, perhaps, the best handling car in the world, but show me cars that did from that period. They were designed for roads that, for the most part, had hardly any bends.
    Beautiful, classic styling, I saw one parked by the curb outside a typical little LA house, with a wire fence and steps up to the front door, while walking from the hotel on Lankershim to Universal Studios. So wanted to drive it away and head up to Ventura or the Santa Monica Boulevard. Just a lovely little car. And they are little. Breaks my heart to hear of one being badly damaged. 🙁

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Rusty Spanner – Member
    Did it see a corner and panic?

Bet it’s because he didn’t have winter tyres on.

RustySpanner

CountZero – Member

Rusty spanner has no clue whatsoever. It’s not a Stingray, it’s a Corvette, dating from around 1953 to ’62.

Oi, cool yer jets sunshine! 😀

I’m not the one saying it’s a Stingray, that was the Silver Fox and nealglover.

I said it wasn’t!

And it’s a post 1958, ‘cos it’s got four headlights.

Harry_the_Spider

The one I saw didn’t have any headlights. Just sayin’ like. 😉

brakes
    Free Member

pah, it’s no mk1 T-bird.
    my parents had a lovely ’69 Beetle restored for me and my sister to use – I managed to write it off in 12 days. 3rd party insurance only. oops.

CountZero

C2 Stingray, 1962-67:

This is the C3 Stingray, that ran from 1968 on, in production for 14 years, styled after the Mako Shark concept car:

Personally, I prefer the 50’s styling, these are 1954 ‘Vettes; I’d love one, to be able to drive a sports car that’s as old as I am, and in better condition, would be fantastic:

cynic-al
    Free Member

I saw a Bora on a tow truck once, totalled, I’ll look for the pic.

EDIT this isn’t it, but it was a similar colour. It was by one of the body shops between Easter Rd and Leith Walk in Edinburgh!

RustySpanner

Apology accepted, Count Zero! 😀

Harry_the_Spider

Bora?

Mmmmmm… Exotic.

nick1962
    Free Member

More likely this one..it’ll soon buff out

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Oi Spanner. You TOOL! 😀

I didn’t say it was a Stingray. 😡

Oh, and I saw a bore in a Volvo once.

CountZero

I’m not the one saying it’s a Stingray, that was the Silver Fox and nealglover.

I said it wasn’t!
    Sorry, off looking at other threads; it wasn’t pointed at you, it was a general point for those who said it were a Stingray. Apologies for the lack of clarity, I was trying to find some nice photos to filch! 😀

jodafett

There seems to be a very small person in the passenger seat!

enfht
    Free Member

Years back a bloke at work bought a second hand Renault 5 GT Turbo, drove away a bit too enthusiastically lost control and stacked it into a wall at the end of the road.

RustySpanner

deadlydarcy – Member
    Oi Spanner. You TOOL!
    I didn’t say it was a Stingray.

Hence the name. 🙄
    He’s all masterful when he’s riled, isn’t he? 😀

[Stretford defence] Anyway, I’m all offended now.
    How DARE you do what every it is you’ve done.
    I’m off to find my flouncing pants. As soon as I’m good and angry I’ll pop back and then, THEN I shall flounce off again. [Stretford defence]

You want to be careful with that temper, it’ll turn your hair….
    Oh, hang on.

CountZero – Member

Rusty spanner has no clue whatsoever. It’s not a Stingray, it’s a Corvette, dating from around 1953 to ’62.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Ooof! £37K gone in 3 miles’ is closed to new replies.