Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • O'neil trigger flat shoes
  • kit1
    Free Member

Posted this on another forum but had no joy so will try here!

Was after a pair of flats that didn’t soak up water like a sponge like some do, and saw these:

http://www.surosa.co.uk/392939/products … black.aspx

They look good but there is very little out there in reviews apart from bike radar where they got 4 stars, so wondered if anyone had heard of them or know anyone who has them and if there rated or not?

Cheers

jedi

Saw them at cycleshow. Soles is a little vans like but too stiff for my liking :t

kit1
    Free Member

Cheers. Ideally after something like 5-10s impact low or free rider etc. impacts look to be a bit more resistant to water mud etc!

flidis
    Free Member

Hey, Hopefully I can help with some answers for you. I work for FLi, and we’re the UK distributors of O’Neal and we had a lot to do with the design of these shoes. They are even named Trigger after Tristan in the office here!

We designed the O’Neal Trigger / Stinger shoes to offer an alternative to the 5.10s for exactly the reasons you’ve highlighted. The sole rubber is a touch less sticky, but the waffle pattern means that the grip is similar, and because its a bit less sticky its actually preferred by many riders because it means you can adjust your foot position if needed a bit more easily.

We made the sole a bit stiffer because we’re finding more riders want a flat pedal shoe they can actually put some miles in on, so this was a conscious decision.

If you want some actual first hand unbiased advice, I can suggest you call Supernova Cycles in Newbury. Their shop owner (Christian – thats his name, not his religion 😉 ) has just had some O’Neal shoes to try, so he’d be a good person to ask, because he’s a very experienced rider.

http://supernovacycles.co.uk/

The shoes did feature in MBR a couple of months ago, but I can’t link to it because I don’t think its on-line.

Cheers
    Col.

VanHalen

that is a lot of money for a gopping skate shoe!

kit1
    Free Member

Thanks Col I’ll get in touch with them. Do you know if they stock them?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘O'neil trigger flat shoes’ is closed to new replies.