Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • One helmet for Road and MTB
  • nickc

Need a new one, both mine are pretty old and had too many crashes, is there one i can get that will do for both?

JoB
    Free Member

i use a Specialized 2D for both road and mtb, it does for both, but then again, why wouldn't it?

Bimbler
    Free Member

I use a Met Inferno UL for both.

scaredypants

giro hex is well ventilated & not that faraway from same shell shape as a road hat, despite the rad-lite claims they make

sockpuppet

giro monza for me, for both.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Giro E2, lose the peak for roadie duties though otherwise prepare for a very sore neck.

TooTall
    Free Member

Uvex X-Ride? Looks the part and I have one on order at my LBS.

gixer.john
    Free Member

I use a Giro Ionos for both.

MrSalmon
    Free Member

Dunno if you can still get them but I use a Met 5th Element for both.

njee20
    Free Member

S-Works 2D is far and away the most comfortable helmet I've ever tried, and I've tried a lot! Very light, fits most people too IMO. Not cheap mind.

schmiken

Catlike Whisper Plus.

jonb
    Free Member

Just use a roadie helmet. Looking at mid level Giro (£60) The only difference between the roadie and mtb helemts is the name and peak.

stuartie_c
    Free Member

Giro Monza.

[EDIT: I don't own a road bike but this is the helmet I wear most often because it's comfortable and it appeals to my vanity, though not as much as an Ionos would…]

GaryLake
    Free Member

Have had both Bell Sweep and Giro Athlon and used both for road duties removing the peak.

Athlon is good, the Sweep was great.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

would I be right in thinking you use the same head for both types of riding ?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘One helmet for Road and MTB’ is closed to new replies.