Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • One for the GPS WIZARDS
  • pistonbroke
    Free Member

Just been looking at the excellent http://www.cantabriaenbici.es website which describes 90+ mountainbike routes in Northern Spain/Picos De Europa. I want to download some of these routes to my Garmin Foretrex or Legend to follow this summer when on holiday there. The site has 3 types of download available, which one should I use and how do I go about it. Tried a similar thing when in Northern Italy a couple of years ago which the local club Bresciabike had uploaded but that seemed to be far simpler and worked very well. Any simple tips would be gratefully received.

geoffj

gpx format then use Mapsource or GPS Utility to upload. This will work fine for the legend, but you may have issues with the Foretrex.

pistonbroke
    Free Member

Thanks for that, just had another thought, I have a Garmin Zumo which I use on the motorbike, that came with Garmins European Navigator software version 10. Some of the photos on the site show them using an Etrex. Is there a way of transferring the route to my Garmin software then uploading it to my foretrex without the complication of converting it. I know I really should know how to do this but it is doing my head in.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    ebygomm
    Free Member

I’d download as gpx then use GPX2CRS before uploading them to the Garmin

andym
    Free Member

Is there a way of transferring the route to my Garmin software then uploading it to my foretrex without the complication of converting it.

You should be able to open the GPX file direct in Mapsource – File>Open then go to the little dropdown menu ‘Files of type’ and select GPX. And then export to the device. I don’t know whether you have to convert to a course though.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘One for the GPS WIZARDS’ is closed to new replies.