Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)
  • On One’s new guy (Podge) opens with some goods deals
  • AB
    Free Member

Not sure if any of you have got the latest On-One email, but their new guy (the Podge – you gotta love that name) has introduced some real nice deals. The most interesting of which seems to be a Inbred 29er for £99.

What price did they use to be? £150? Anyway, that might be a nice way to get into 29er riding???

What d’ya reckon?

andywhit
    Free Member

More importantly – the Inbred saddle is back! 😀

Must order a few, great saddles.

paulosoxo
    Free Member

Looking good, no 21″ ‘breds though 🙁

rob731
    Free Member

great deal, just ordered a saddle. I always regretted selling my old inbred saddle.

nuke

SHAMONE!

🙄 😉

This bit caught my eye…

Our New Designer Starts on Monday & he’s penned an all NEW Ti XC Frame. I’ve seen the logo but I cant tell you anything more so dont ask just yet.

dan_seed
    Free Member

I think this has now convinced me to go for a 29er. now the question is what size?
    I am 6ft with a 33inch inside leg. Is the 18inch 29er the right size for me?

househusband

On-One saddle and bargain carbon FSA seatpost ordered… I liked the MJ jokes in the email!

Singlespeedpunk
    Free Member

No midge bars on offer 🙁 Might pick up some Oury’s and Mary bars for the Xtracycle 🙂

Silly prices on lots of stuff at OO / PX…new business direction or overstocked / ordered?

SSP

miketually
    Free Member

I ordered a Mary bar for the Inbred, a big Nose saddle for the Solitude and some orange Oury grips for my Yuba Mundo.

paule
    Free Member

I think this has now convinced me to go for a 29er. now the question is what size?
    I am 6ft with a 33inch inside leg. Is the 18inch 29er the right size for me?

Should be, I was at the top of the size range for that frame and I’m 6’2 with a 34″ inside leg…. should be ideal size for you.

thepodge
    Free Member

i’m blurring the fine line between business and pleasure here but…

I think the 29ers were £175

Paul, do you really need a 21? unfortunatly for you, tall people like 29s so we’re out of stock till mid July.

Nuke, I was going to mail Steven over the weekend but I figured I’d leave him to it before he hits the mad house on Monday. once he’s in though I’ll get all the info I can while trying to tidy up a few other Ti frame loose ends.

Dan, I think I emailed you.

SSP, neither, i’m just nice to you lot.

and despite having the quite recognisable name Podge, i’m sure Ian has been calling me Gary all week.

its almost 1 and i’m still working… good night

AB
    Free Member

Dan, like you I’m 6ft2″ with a 34″ inside leg and I was recommended to get a 19.5″ Scandal – this page might help:

http://www.on-one-shop.co.uk/?page_id=940

Singlespeedpunk
    Free Member

SSP, neither, i’m just nice to you lot.

Thats good…keep it up 🙂

SSP

hora
    Free Member

thepodge, I love you. Have I ever told you that? I’m a fan of Onone 😀

Smee
    Free Member

Podge is a crap nickname. 😉

Stoner
    Free Member

SSP, good choice 🙂

thepodge
    Free Member

that thing looks well odd

thepodge
    Free Member

oh and if anyone has any suggestions, let me know. i’m here to make the on one side of things ship shape

Stoner
    Free Member

Good luck podge.

Im a bit of an On-One/PX devotee.
    I think between mrs Stoner and I we have
    a superlight
    2x pompinos
    a 456
    a Scandal
    a Ti29
    and that inbred up there 🙂

Biggest gripe for many is lack of info against individual products on the website – needs pics and details for every item.

You could try offering a brand finishing kit deal bundle (twelfty, stem, bignose/inbred saddle, smoothie, mary/mungo/midge or fleegle) and “free” oury grips and stem spacers (not that I need one though… 🙂 )

and “that thing” is the “estate car” 🙂

hazeii
    Free Member

Think I can just edge you out there Stoner!

1 x Superlight Team
    1 x Pompino
    3 x Inbred 26″ (one fixed, two geared)
    1 x SS Inbred 29er
    1 x Scandal

Stoner
    Free Member

I make that 7-7 🙂

rickk

So thepodge….at 6’2″ x 34″ IL would I be best with a 21″ 29 er frame?
    I’m happy to wait for the right frame.

And is there a clue in your profile to the ID of the new onone designer?

Cheers
    Rick

thepodge
    Free Member

We’ve had some one photo every single product and we are slowly moving them all onto the website. Hopefully we can make it all a bit easier to navigate but as it tied into the sales / stock / accounts package its not something you can do over night. we do have a new website planned but its months off yet and I don’t know if its a whole rebuild or just a cosmetic change.

I like the idea of the finishing kit but the problem with bundles (much like groupsets) is that they always get broken up and sold as singles which causes a proper headache for stock control, but i’m sure some kind of “buy this, that and them together and we’ll give you x% off” could be worked out.

thepodge
    Free Member

rickk, i like my frames small. i’m 5 10 and ride a 16, a 17 and a 17.5. so its mainly down to personal preference. being a 29er throws all sorts of other items into the equation but i would generally say that at 6 2 a 21 would probably be close but then so would a 19.5.

what size do you ride at the moment?

oh and yes there is a clue in my profile but its not what you’re thinking.

rickk

Thanks podge – intriguing.
    I ride an XL Santa Cruz Superlight, 20″ hardtail and got on well with my brother’s 20″ Inbred and 456.
    I also liked his 29er Scandal – not sure of the size so maybe simplest just to check that.

Ta
    Rick

Hairychested
    Free Member

thepodge, those albums, well, I’ll have some of them one day…

thepodge
    Free Member

albums?

phildowling
    Free Member

god it will be marriage proposals next for thePodge…

Not sure how the new Ti will ride though…

From a previous post from thepodge..

thepodge – Member
    you know, I’ve never worried about geometry when out on a ride.

From the Ragley Ti thread….hopefully all the thought goes in before the ride…

hora
    Free Member

podge, when is your PlanetX bikebag back in stock?

brant
    Free Member

Hopefully we can make it all a bit easier to navigate but as it tied into the sales / stock / accounts package its not something you can do over night.

you can do it quite quick if you code every image with the stockcode as the .jpg file name, then do a block import mapping straight into actinic which is the way it was meant to be done ( but I got sidetracked).

hora
    Free Member

Ah, young Jedi

thepodge
    Free Member

Phil – I’m not designing any of the bikes or any of the bits so you are safe.

Hora – we have a delivery mid July, no idea if the bags are part of it. I’ll check on Monday.

Brant – Thanks, I’m booked in with Craig to go through actinic on Monday, I’ll see what he says.

Nuke – I need my lug holes cleaning out, Steve starts in 3 weeks.

hora
    Free Member

Yes please Podge. Can I call you Pudge? Its just got a warm ‘feel’ to it 🙄

thepodge
    Free Member

So far this week I have been called:

Matt
    Matthew
    Gary
    Mark
    Mr Bridge
    Podge
    Podgeodge
    new boy
    Nob ‘ed
    Spazz
    Love (buy a burly bus driver)
    hairy and baldy

only one and a half of which is my proper name so i’m sure i’d probably answer to Pudge too

paulosoxo
    Free Member

Podge, I’m 6’4″ so yeah, I’d need the biggest size, currently trying to get away with an 18″ Scandal and it’s fine, been fine for a while, but fancy trying a big wheeler and would like it to be as big as poss

pypdjl
    Free Member

The 21″ 29ers are huge though, I’m 6’5″ and I reckon I’d probably be better off with a 19.5 rather than the 21 I have currently.

Stoner
    Free Member

Im with pydji – Im 6’4″ and found the 21″ scandal just a nat too big (standover limited on steep stuff) even though its does ride very, very well. I now ride a 19.5″ Ti29er…

izakimak
    Free Member

Cheer’s AB just ordered an inbred 29er frame 😀

CHB

Ordered one yesterday.
    5’11” tall, went for 18″.

izakimak
    Free Member

Me too

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)

The topic ‘On One’s new guy (Podge) opens with some goods deals’ is closed to new replies.