Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • On One Scandal
  • didnothingfatal
    Free Member

Have they changed the Scandal specs, I thought it was made of Scandium, but it says Aluminium 7046 Alloy? Have they also down sized the clearance, as it now says "26" x 2.3 tyres will just about fit, but we recommend 2.0 – 2.1" for best performance"

thanks

tinsy
    Free Member

Not had any Scandium in em for ages apparently.. same weight though.

Dunno about clearance, mines an old one but not sure the design has changed other than swapping form slot to vert and back again a few times depending on the batch, how big tyres you planning on running on an XC race style frame anyhow?

VERY FAST bike.

didnothingfatal
    Free Member

Hi,

Was looking at running Schwalbe Furious Fred or Rocket Rons in 2.4"

tinsy
    Free Member

Buy 1 tyre, try it on the back see if it fits… If it doesnt just run a 2.2 on the back and use the 2.4 on front?

Someone on here is bound to have tried big rubber…

Biggest I have run is a 2.0 Specialized tyre but they do come up vast more like a 2.2 but still not a 2.4, but it did have plenty of clearance.

didnothingfatal
    Free Member

Already have the tyres, as I have been using them on my 'old' Inbred. They are quite a big volume.

karnali
    Free Member

sure they'll fit i used to have 2.4 bonty on my origanl one, current one has 2.1 advantages on it and there is loads of room

u02sgb
    Free Member

I had a 2.4 Racing Ralph on mine, no clearance issues. Made an interesting change to the feel of the bike too.

Had a slight issue with the tire rubbing the mech but that was down to the spokes not being in tension properly and the wheel flexing a little too much.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘On One Scandal’ is closed to new replies.