Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • On-One Monocoque Carbon Fork?
  • mlucas666
    Free Member

I’m looking to pick up a sub-£200 carbon rigid fork to replace the 120mm Recons that I’m using at the moment.

I’m liking the look (and price) of the On-One Monocoque Carbon Fork

Does anyone have any pictures of one actually on a bike? Has anyone got one?

onceinalifetime
    Free Member

X lite do a 15mm one for £190 odd if you want a bigger axled one?

mlucas666
    Free Member

X lite do a 15mm one for £190 odd if you want a bigger axled one?

Yeah, the QR version is on my short-list along with Ragley (same fork I believe), but i don’t want to replace my (QR) front wheel yet.

Quite interested in the On-Ones because they come in 40-50 quid cheaper.

D0NK

A 45mm fork rake works well with 29in wheels and 29in head angles, or 26in wheels and 26in head angles.

so this works equally well with 29er or 26″ bikes/wheels? or did i misread? I know O-O were suggesting 29er forks for their 456

Tempting.

johnnystorm

I’m very tempted as with the UK29OFF29 they are just over £100. Not sure I can wait until the end of september though!

akira

Also out of stock…..

leythervegas
    Free Member

My mate has got some black and white ones recently and didn’t like the look of it on his boardman and is going back to a suspension fork. He’s selling it as new, it’s the tapered type with the adaptor from post mount to IS and it is running 160mm rotors. He wants £100 plus postage for it. Let me know if youre interested and I can send pictures.

akira

Straight ones in 29er sale but out of stock, tapered ones not in the sale. My unstarted 29er build will eventually have a set.

mlucas666
    Free Member

leythervegas – Thanks but the white one would look gopping on my bike.

I would be after the raw black finish. I’m still hoping to find some pics of a set mounted on a bike before i pull the trigger on them.

Kato

Fella on Pistonheads posted a pic of some black ones attached to his build the other day

I’m not so sure about them aesthetically. Think I prefer tubular legs

itstig

Can any headset be used with these ? Or are they for integrated/semi integrated? I’m very tempted.

andyl
    Free Member

are your recons 29er or are you just wanting 29er forks to compensate for a 120mm 26″ fork?

mlucas666
    Free Member

just wanting 29er forks to compensate for a 120mm 26″ fork?

Yep, that’s it – looking for forks with A-C of more than 450mm

Kato, thanks for the picture – Looks ok on a carbon frame I’m not sure how they would look on a steel frame… 😯

Kato

Exactly! I think the monocoque ones would looked odd on a frame with round tubes

gazzablade
    Free Member

I have just acquired a black and white ver that I am building up on an inbred frame, I will post pictures when complete

Northwind

Kato – Member

Exactly! I think the monocoque ones would looked odd on a frame with round tubes

They look pretty odd on a blobby carbon frame too tbh

Rorschach
    Free Member

I’ve just got some x-lite qr15 in the crc sale for £180 and they are very nice indeed.Bit too chunky on my steel unit so they’ll be going on the scandal.

nathaneddy
    Free Member

700g isn’t hugely light — I like the look of them, tho.
    could come in better colours!

gazzablade
    Free Member

Just built my new on one inbred single speed. Started after sourcing a straight steerer monocoque fork (bought cheap as it was a sample).

I am very happy with the look, let me know what you think.

Do you think on one should sell this fork as part of their regular range?

gazzablade
    Free Member

2012-09-01-18-31-00_75E39D34-FA48-418A-8C4F-87325DFE3DDA

lee-bee
    Free Member

I just bought some of these for my raw 29er scandal and they look gash. I got the raw carbon ones thinking they would look ok, but I was well wrong. There is not that many other options though for a rigid tapered 29er fork. I might see if I can swap them for the white ones. Gazzablade I like your Inbred it looks sweet!!!

vdubber67
    Free Member

Can anyone offer a view of the ‘ride’ of this type of fork over the standard tubed carbon fork, either these or the niner ones for example?

mk1fan
    Free Member

I like that Inbred. I’ve a set of Exotics on my Handjob and I like them a lot. Not at light as these On One’s though.

nathaneddy – Member

700g isn’t hugely light

I don’t doubt that there’s lighter out there, but for £150 or indeed anything near £150?

gazzablade
    Free Member

All I can say is these are stiff, I had a pair of the cheap helyx forks way too flexy, lots of brake judder. Also had the pace rc31’s nice amount of flex but that was on a 26″ wheels, so helped out.
    I have only done a couple of hrs today on this, must say pretty chuffed

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

Can anyone offer a view of the ‘ride’ of this type of fork over the standard tubed carbon fork, either these or the niner ones for example?

Yes they are much more compliant than the straight tubed OO fork that I have previously owned, yet it feels at least as torsionally stiff. Having briefly ridden 9er forks on the same frame, there is not a massive performance difference although the 9er is is in a different league finish wise.

With a big tyre up front it copes surprisingly well on most trails and I find myself taking the rigid bike in palce of the hardtail as its just good fun. For the money you are very unlikely to find a better carbon fork.

johnnystorm

Holy thread resurrection Batman!

My pre-order forks arrived today. 592gms on my trusty scales with uncut steerer.

maurizio
    Free Member

600gm.. Eep. How they holding up after some testing?! 🙂 just ordered a set – the no weight limit sold it for me.. Hehe. Also, can you run the 29er version on a 26 to simulate the height of running 100mm forks?

cynic-al
    Free Member

I found the hylix forks very stiff, one-one alu-crowned ones are much comfier.

maurizio
    Free Member

Hylix ey? Ah but does the comfort come at the cost of break judder. ? 😮

rabausten
    Free Member

lee bee – Member
    I just bought some of these for my raw 29er scandal and they look gash. I got the raw carbon ones thinking they would look ok, but I was well wrong. There is not that many other options though for a rigid tapered 29er fork. I might see if I can swap them for the white ones.

Did you get them swapped, or are they for sale?

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘On-One Monocoque Carbon Fork?’ is closed to new replies.