Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • on one codeine / ccdb upgrade
  • crispy1980
    Free Member

I’m going to be ordering one of these in the near future and for 100 extra you get the ccdb shock, question is, is it worth it ? I know they are revered for the amount if adjustability they offer but I fear that I don’t know what I’m doing enough to fiddle too much with these settings, so is it a bad idea? Could it not being set up right make the rude worse than the standard rs monarch rt debonair?

chakaping
    Free Member

If the alternative is a standard monarch then I’d bite their arm off.

You don’t fiddle with it. You set it and leave it!

teethgrinder

ccdb.

No brainer.

frood
    Free Member

They give you a base tune for the ccdb, if you’re not technically minded set it and leave it, it works beautifully

scaredypants

I know their pricing policy is odd, but have you seen the bundle deals on the site just now ? the CC is £200 more than a rockshox but still sounds pretty good value to (ignorant) me

harryjan
    Free Member

Went with the monarch plus upgrade.

The ccdb doesn’t have lock off which is rather frustrating for me since I often commute to work and ride from there.

crispy1980
    Free Member

I think I will then, apparently the frame suffers so little Bob that a lock out is UN needed?? May be a good compromise fir a better shock, was just concerned I wouldn’t be able to set it properly

robgclarkson
    Free Member

Went with the monarch plus upgrade.
    The ccdb doesn’t have lock off which is rather frustrating for me since I often commute to work and ride from there.

If it’s been tuned correctly you don’t really need a lock out switch

crispy1980
    Free Member

Also , anyone who has one,what is the sizing like? On the website I’m plum in the middle of the two sizes . At six foot dead I’m right at the top of a medium and right at the bottom of a large. The ghost I was supposed to have was a large, I test rode a norco with a 45 mm stem I needed extra large and my current spesh fsr xc 2010 is a large with a fairly long top tube and a 50mm stem it is fine,

br
    Free Member

At six foot dead I’m right at the top of a medium and right at the bottom of a large.

No, you are right for large…

crispy1980
    Free Member

I have just been looking at the geometry , it seems the large on one has a 5mm shorter tt which is good for me, but the standover is 735 on my spesh and 862mm on the on one? This seems a huge difference ?

msb1
    Free Member

I’m 6 foot, and a couple of weeks ago I bought a medium based on Brant’s recommendation in this thread: http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/on-one-codeine-sizing

I also went for the ccdb upgrade. I set it all up to the recommended settings, and it’s working great. (I also added a reverb.)

I’ve been riding a 456 for the last 3 years, so this is a very different bike. The whole package is a joy to ride. It’s fun and it’s fast on a variety of trails. I added a OneUp 42T range extender and I can climb the steep hills in my local woods without any drama.

With a short stem the cockpit is quite compact, but it’s a lot more bike than I’ve been riding, and having gone for the smaller option it still feels nimble enough to me. I haven’t tried a large and I haven’t been for an all-day ride yet, but I’m very happy with the medium so far. It’s a great bike. Enjoy it!

crispy1980
    Free Member

I’m going to gave to take some careful measurements I think. How short a stem are you riding?

msb1
    Free Member

In the customise options I went for the El Guapo Corto Stem 35mm, the same as is included on the X01 build. For me, good handling when I’m pointing down and out of the saddle is a higher priority than inch-perfect sizing when I’m sitting down. I’m sure it’s very subjective, but to me, with the Reverb up the cockpit feels compact, but not too small.

Blackflag
    Free Member

I added a OneUp 42T range extender and I can climb the steep hills in my local woods without any drama.

Why? I thought it came with 11 spd cassette with a 42t as the lowest cog?

AlexSimon

There’s a new build at £1500 Blackflag – X9 I think.

msb1
    Free Member

Yes, I went for the X9 base build. The X01 build is a good price, but the running costs still seem a bit high to me. And because you are tied into it with the hub it’s not easy to run it for a bit then decide whether to switch when bits wear out. I’ve used the OneUp before and I like it.

frood
    Free Member

Personally I went for the large. I’m 5’11” with a 6’2″ arm spread. Fits me perfectly With the 35mm stem, wouldn’t want to be on the medium!

crispy1980
    Free Member

It’s the standout height on the large that’s concerning me. It’s 862mm which us pretty much what my inside leg measurement is. It would mean balls on the bar stance. It dies seen odd that it’s so high? Looking at the geometry of other bikes they all seem a good bit lower? My curreMr bike has tt of 625 and with a 50mm stem it occasionallyseems a bit ling, my arms are straight in pedalling position and I often find that I lean my palms on the backside of the grips to straighten my back a bit. the medium on one has tt if 600 mm so with 50 mm stem this may be better for me?

scaredypants

I can’t remember that last time I “stood over” my bike anyway but, regardless, I’m not sure that 862 is correct, depending on how you measure of course (is there a standard means of measuring?):

What’s the height of a 29er wheel with a typical tyre – 750ish ??

If so, wouldn’t surprise me if spesh described that standover as “750ish”

crispy1980
    Free Member

It’s not so much standing over the bike it’s how much movement there is whilst riding and also in an emergency dis mount its tricky if the tt is as high as your man meat as its difficult to get feet down. I really don’t know which to go for????

dudeofdoom

I’m 6’2 on a medium running hope TRex love it tbh….it just wants to be thrown at stuff ….

I don’t think the lockout on the rears a big deal…

You could do the Brant incantation and ask the horse 🙂

msb1
    Free Member

I’m not sure that 862 is correct

Well spotted. I just measured mine at ~750mm, not the 830mm on the On-One website.

crispy1980
    Free Member

Well, I had a chat with someone from on one , took a load of measurements and decided on the medium. Can’t wait for it to arrive now!

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘on one codeine / ccdb upgrade’ is closed to new replies.