Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Olympics 50km walk
  • bikerdan
    Free Member

How can they walk at those speeds? 22 minutes for the last 5km, that is what normally run!

riddoch

I turned it on in time for the french bloke to produce a bloody sponge from his nether regions, then collapse a bit later, then get again and carry on. 😯

I_did_dab
    Free Member

not 100% sure it was blood from the photos – yikes

dooosuk
    Free Member

22 minutes for the last 5km, that is what normally run!

It’s faster than I run…lunch time run of 5km took 26mins 🙁

Blackhound

Rob Heffernan (6th) went through 40km in 2h57m so just over 3hr for the marathon. Walking!

bikerdan
    Free Member

Just cheering on the final walker.

wwaswas

the french bloke to produce a bloody sponge

See, I initially read that as ‘for some bizarre reason he was storing a sponge in his pants’ and only realised it was covered in blood when the second comment was made.

carry on.

jambalaya
    Free Member

I turned it on in time for the french bloke to produce a bloody sponge from his nether regions, then collapse a bit later, then get again and carry on.

Yes saw that, he looked really in distress. Not sure whether he’s as hard as nails or the heat had affected his judgement, he looked really out of it. I am surprised there isn’t a medic on hand. FYI he is the current world champion.

Slovak winner was very cool. The country (1.5m people?) first ever Athletics medal and a gold

Houns

Wasn’t just blood

http://m.huffpost.com/uk/entry/uk_57b71275e4b0f78b2b49976b

Good on him for finishing!

jambalaya
    Free Member

^^^ just saw that. Tough as …

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Olympics 50km walk’ is closed to new replies.