Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • Olympic road race.
  • brakes
    Free Member

I’ll be riding down to Richmond Park in the morning for the first fly-past. I imagine it will be rammed, but I just want to see the riders then get home/ pub and watch the ending on the TV.

spacemonkey

“Both the Road Race and Time Trial are predominantly free for spectators to watch in Surrey. The exception is a 2.5km stretch of road on the Zig-Zag Road incline and Donkey Green on Box Hill where up to 15,000 ticketed spectators will watch the Road Race. The rest of the Box Hill loop is free for spectators to view.”

Which means the Headley Road section should be fine.

I which there was just one site with all the relevant info. So many sites/people have said the whole loop is out of bounds for non-ticketeers.

Sui
    Free Member

Denbies will be the place to be – loads of local ale on tap and a big screen.

It’s true the organisers have been very good at blocking of access, i/ve been riding round/running to see where you could possibly watch, and Headly Road (round the back) is one place, though not around Tyrels wood (the Golf Course). They intend to have security at everyone of the Footpaths that have a “restricted” sign – these are only accessible by ticket holders.

You can all bu88er off from the micky bends bit – that’s my spot… (i may be slightly drunk by this point)

tonyg2003

Hi Been round yesterday and today on the MTB and road bike. ZigZags are closed (Boxhill) and the bridleways across the loop (signs say) are only open to foot not bikes. We rode across BoxHill offroad with our stealthy 2500lumens. Loads of cyclist around including some pro teams. Going for another look-see on the road at lunchtime.

Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘Olympic road race.’ is closed to new replies.