• This topic has 22 replies, 14 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by D0NK.
Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Olympic MTB course
  • PlumzRichard
    Free Member

Linkey to XCRacer.com

News here with the latest news and what the future holds for the course.

Trimix
    Free Member

Sounds promising.

njee20
    Free Member

Good photo on the article, well done!

retro83
    Free Member

Sounds amazing, can’t wait 😀

The course is extremely demanding. There are numerous sections of technical trails that would make the best XC riders think again. I can only imagine that these obstacles will become even more treacherous at speed and with fatigue setting in. What also struck me was the amount of climbing. On paper 179 meters of climbing does not sound a lot however it seemed like we were forever heading upwards.

(In before STW’s riding gods state it’s too flat and should have been on Ben Nevis)

lazybike
    Free Member

Wonder how much it will cost to use it, I get the feeling that the sally army had this field in Essex, that some bright spark thought they could make some money on, of all the places that met the criteria set by the olympic commitee, this has to be the worse one.
    Having got that off my chest… 🙂
    I hope its a great event, and as I live 30mins away, I’ll look forward to a few laps when it opens…

Solo
    Free Member

Wonder how much it will cost to use it

***Spits coffee out, over keyboard***

Remind again, please.
    Just who is paying for the Olympics ?.

br
    Free Member

Just who is paying for the Olympics ?.

What has that got to do with the running costs afterwards? We’ve paid the capital, but the operating costs still need to be met.

Solo
    Free Member

What has that got to do with the running costs afterwards? We’ve paid the capital, but the operating costs still need to be met.

What !, frickin running costs does a dirt track require ?.

All that tasty, wiggly, ST, left alone in the wild.
    Whos running that ?.
    😕

EDIT.

Is it beyond the reach of Man to design and construct a course that doesn’t require running ?.

nomakoman
    Free Member

depends how many idiots on orange 5’s ride em and create braking bumps the size of ben nevis in every corner….someones gota repair that 😉

Solo
    Free Member

depends how many idiots on orange 5’s ride em and create braking bumps the size of ben nevis in every corner….someones gota repair that

A mute point well made.

I can only hope theres a special place in hell for those who create braking bumps into what would otherwise be a great, fast, corner to rail.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

What !, frickin running costs does a dirt track require ?.

There will be a main centre built with toilets, changing rooms, café and even bike hire

Solo
    Free Member

There will be a main centre built with toilets, changing rooms, café and even bike hire

Oooo !.

Thank goodness for that.

Can’t imagine how folk ever road MTB before facilities !.

Its Total BS !, getting folk to pay to ride.

Pay, Pay, pay, pay, pay.

Thats all this country is about.

crazy-legs

Good article that although there will still be the usual bollocks about how it should have been at [insert name of trail centre here].

Nice pics too, Kenta Gallagher is a phenomenal technical rider.

Wozza
    Free Member

Pay? You know there’s a free well established trail centre in the in the north? Just google “the lake district” and you’ll find it.

Seb can charge what he likes for his girls BMX track I won’t be riding it.

njee20
    Free Member

Nice pics too, Kenta Gallagher is a phenomenal technical rider.

+1, verging on unhinged! Watched him ride down a muddy rocky chute at Margam in the wet a couple of years ago, just insanely fast!

Solo
    Free Member

Seb can charge what he likes for his girls BMX track I won’t be riding it.
    😆

timmys

The word “Olympics” seems to turn everyone into a dribbling idiot, where does it say anything about paying in that article?

timmys

* double post *

D0NK

Article in CTC magazine this month about the olympic “legacy”. The article was quite upbeat saying bmx track nope, mtb track nope, beastway* replacement nope, but look a nice shiny velodrome and some potential plans for the other stuff (which may or may not happen).

Hmm

*i think it was called

lazybike
    Free Member

The word “Olympics” seems to turn everyone into a dribbling idiot, where does it say anything about paying in that article?

do you really think you’ll be able to rock up and ride for free?

mossimus
    Free Member

Article in CTC magazine this month about the olympic “legacy”. The article was quite upbeat saying bmx track nope, mtb track nope, beastway* replacement nope, but look a nice shiny velodrome and some potential plans for the other stuff (which may or may not happen).

I guess that went to press before the ‘beastway‘ replacement was announced

manitou
    Free Member

Oh I hope they bring back Beastway, used to love racing there

D0NK

I guess that went to press before the ‘beastway’ replacement was announced

dunno that may have been the “proposed” 4km around the velodrome. 4km don’t sound much and “proposed” aint worth diddly, seems pretty late in the game for still having proposals. It sounded, from bit’s I’ve picked up from reading around, that lot’s of promises were made but none of them (except the fantastic velodrome – nearly as nice as the manchester one, which will still be uk track HQ)* were kept.
    Could have been misinformed/misread tho

*sarcasm

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Olympic MTB course’ is closed to new replies.