Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • Older Riders and 'healthy living' -)
  • Keva
    Free Member

41 this year and still running a 41min off road 10k. Half hour of stretching three or four times a week works wonders for well being… Always eat healthy and always have done. I'm quicker at getting drunk than I used to be and the only thing Im slower at is recovering from the hangover.

Kev

One other thing I forgot to mention…
    I finished 9th in the Midland Trailquest Autumn Series last year.
    All but 2 of the top 15 were over 40.
    All but 8 of the top 40 were over 40.
    Maybe it's an old fogey sport, or maybe, when you add in a bit of navigation and route planning to just riding a bike fast, the kids can't hack it. 😛

Karinofnine

My mental health is way way better now, depression gone, and gone too are the symptoms that congregate around depression.

Physical health is way way better now, I don't get quinsey every year any more and although my back is still bad, I can work through the entire year instead of having to have long periods off. Other physical problems also resolving/resolved.

Bike-wise, not sure how fast/slow I am but I do know I am enjoying my riding more than I can express in words. I love racing, don't care how fast/slow I go, just love it and have entered a few events this year which I am really looking forward to. I hope to do well, but if not, I will still enjoy myself.

oldgit
    Free Member

Agree about watching out for offs, back and rib injuries put me out most of last year.
    That said I've started to feel very strong and more capable of technical stuff than I have been in years.

srx600
    Free Member

Juan, Angela looks very tidy and well looked after.

Ti29er
    Free Member

I tried stretching religiously last year, maybe 45 mins every other day for 6-8 months.
    It made not one jot of difference, I still can't touch my toes.

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘Older Riders and 'healthy living' -)’ is closed to new replies.